gray ➳ v.

when matthew notices you sitting in a bar stool from afar

"It's funny, because if I was made out of corn bread I would have eaten myself three minutes after I was born." Matthew shrugged as he laughed, earning a funny look from one of his friends. "I mean, can you imagine—"

The man ended his words as his eyes managed to land on you, sitting in a stool at the very end of the bar counter. His eyes, once focused on his friend, was now on you, simply taking in your facial features the best he could.

Matthew had to blink a few times before his gaze fell to the floor, recollecting his thoughts. "Okay wow. She's beautiful."

"Who is?"

"Her." The man pointed to you. You saw him in the corner of your eye, making you look up from your drink.

You shot him a small smile before letting out a laugh. You couldn't help but wonder why a group of men were staring at you, and talking amongst each other.

You returned your gaze back to the counter in front of you, sighing to yourself as you called for the bartender. But he was too busy talking to other customers.

Until you saw a drink slide right in front of you, coming from the left side. You turned your head as your eyes immediately landed on the guy from before.

He approached you with a small smile on his lips, sitting on the stool beside you. You bit down on your lip as you held the glass he gave you with both of your hands.

"I'm Matthew. What's your name?"

"(Y/N)." You replied, smiling shyly.

Matthew nodded as he shut one eye and stared at you with his mouth slightly open. You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Did you just try to wink at me?"

"No. I call it 'wonkin"."