Picking Up The Pieces

Start from the beginning

Serena's POV

I was surprisingly warm when I woke up. My eyes fought my drowsiness and forced themselves open delicately. My first thought was why my whole body was warm despite the cold sleep. With my ocean blue eyes fully open, I looked down and the sight I saw was heartwarming. My pink winter coat had been slung around me from the shoulders to keep me warm. In my lap lay Pikachu sound asleep content on his stomach. His injured arm was just over my leg. I smiled brightly at the sleeping mouse Pokemon. He must have done this to keep us both warm overnight. I began to shuffle causing Pikachu to stir awake. I almost felt bad for waking him but he knew as well as I did that Ash is probably worried sick and looking for us. Pikachu now fully awake hopped of my lap and stood on his two back legs. "Pika Pi." He smiled up to me. I stretched and yawned cheerfully. "Good morning Pikachu, was your sleep ok?" He nodded happily. I took the coat from around myself and put it on. Pikachu smiled again as I did this which I picked up on. "So that was you eh?" I queried with a grin. "Pika." He replied while rubbing the back of his head. "Thank you Pikachu, that was very sweet."

I got up of the rocky floor and turned my attention to the entrance of our refuge. It was a very strong storm last night and this was evident in the environment around us. Snow had covered everything in a thick white mush. Thankfully, it was not as freezing as it could have been thanks to the morning sun that empowered the world with light and life. It felt incredible. I sighed happily in the warmth of the sun as did Pikachu who was in my arms like before. The warmth brought me back to when I woke up next to Ash. My cheeks began to heat up at the thought and not just because of the glaring sun. I looked down at Pikachu who had a sly grin on his face like he knew what I was thinking. This snapped me out of my thoughts but did not do much to get rid of my blush. "Are you ready to find Ash Pikachu?" I asked with determination. "Pikachu!" He replied with a determined smile and a small fist. I returned the smile and began to walk away from our cave.

With Pikachu in my arms we walked a short distance through the snow draped foliage. I was not entirely sure where to start our search again for Ash but I know I am definitely not leaving this forest without him. I looked at Pikachu one last time to make sure he was comfortable. When I did I noticed something I hadn't noticed before, something about me was missing. When it fully dawned on me, I was saddened. "My ribbon, where..." I stopped myself and stopped walking. I could feel myself almost instantly tearing up. It might seem stupid but it was a gift from Ash, it was more than just an accessory to me. It was important, like my hair its a symbol. A symbol of my newfound resolve. It certainly was a part of me, a symbol of my relationship with Ash. It is like his handkerchief. One solitary tear escaped my eye. I rubbed it away and prevented any more from following. There are bigger problems now. "Pika Pi...?" Pikachu uttered in a sad tone while eyeing me from below. I gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'm fine Pikachu thanks." I sighed still worried about Ash. I hope he doesn't mind I lost it. Just then I heard a powerful sound from above. It sounded strangely familiar almost like flapping... When both me and Pikachu averted our gaze upwards, I dont think either of us couldn't have been happier. "Talonflame!" "Pikachu!" We both shouted out in joy.

Ash's POV

The three of us decided to take a small break mostly to check on Braixen's injury but also to eat since none of us have had a morsel since yesterday. We ate some Cheri berries out of the surrounding brush. I was quite confident we would find Serena and Pikachu with Talonflame helping out as well. I examined Braixen's leg once one last time. It was now mostly bruised but it has definitely improved. Thank Arceus it hasn't suffered trauma from walking around so much. Greninja stayed by her the whole time. I offered Greninja to go back inside his pokeball to get some rest. He immediately shook his head and went to sit down next to Braixen. She immediately reacted to this by blushing. I smiled at this action. I understand wanting to help the one you like. "Well it seems like your good to go Braixen." I said handing her the crutch as Braixen helped her up. Just before we could continue, I heard a rustling behind us. All of us got into a battle ready stance (which was admittedly difficult for Braixen). Me and Greninja stood defensively in front of Braixen.