Corrupted Gold

"You're not going to escape even if you refuse to fight me! I will bring your soul to Asgore and redeem myself". Toriel was throwing flames blindly by now. You had been avoiding her attacks and pleading with her for a long time. "I just...", she stopped abruptly. "With your soul, maybe I could become a good mother or teacher. I just want a second chance". Tension smothered the room and everyone in it as Toriel wept one or two sincere tears. "You had a family didn't you?"
          The atmosphere instantly changed to become bitter and hateful. "How dare you! You make me cry about my life and even go as far as to mention the family that I used to have! You are such an ungrateful brat, using my aching heart to somehow get mercy out of me". She took a step closer and ignited a flame in her hand. "No. I will kill you". Heat waves trickled past your ears and clothing with each attack.
          Your clothing, if you could call it that, was falling apart just like your hope. But then you became filled with determination at what you saw behind her. The door was open slightly, cracked from her brutal strength. It was either now or never, so you grabbed Flowey and ran for it, pushing it open. "I am sorry Toriel". Not taking anymore chances running forward, even though a few flames burned your legs. "You're not even worth killing!!!" That and loud wailing was the last of Toriel you heart, but you kept running because you were too scared to stop.
"F-Frisk! Stop! Damn it, I said stop!"
           Flowey was aggressive, but chattering too much to appear intimidating. Yet he was enough to calm you down, and you two sat on the side of the dirt path in a snowy forest, attempting to get warm. With a few minutes of privacy you changed into a red and black striped sweater and then attended to nervous, chilled Flowey. "I-I I didn't see anything!" This was so you cute that you couldn't help but laugh. He got more frustrated and flustered.
           "It's fine. I trust you Flowey", your kind smile comforted him though he would never admit to that. In your backpack, there were some shoes, and a few socks. That's when you got an idea. There was a sharp rock nearby and you grabbed the baby blue sock and cut a hole in the closed end with two on the sides for his stems. Flowey was going to have his own little sock sweater. "Here Flowey! Wear this!" Offering the sock, he instantly wrinkled up his face.
           "Look. If that is off of a kid who probably died, I don't want it". Fortunately, the sock was a part of a spare pair that you carried around. Now it was put to use. "Don't worry! It's mine", again you offered the sock. This time he took it, sniffing cautiously. "And thank goodness it's clean" he added, draping the sock over himself. The result was almost too adorable for you, but you had to keep going.
           A large stick you two came across later was spread horizontally on the path and you were unable to break it. Going around it and quickening the pace was the only logical solution and that's what you two did. SNAP! Moments later a large cracking noise erupted behind you two. Flowey was about to open his mouth, but you broke into a full sprint. Determination again, coursed through your veins. That is, until a dead end forced you to stop. "What are you trying to prove?" One footstep. "I mean really, Frisk. Running us off a cliff wouldn't solve anything!"
            Two steps. "Hey are you even listening?" Sarcastic retorts would've come to mind if not for a deep, bellowing voice invading your ears. "Hey come on. Is this really how you would greet a friend? Turn around so I can see the damage". Damage? What was that supposed to mean. "Oh shit". Flowey just now got what was going on. Still, you faced the voice with a front of bravery. Before you stood a skeleton who was a little shorter than you. He had a black sweater with fur on it, a spiked collar, red sweater, and one pointed golden tooth among the other sharp teeth, not to mention tiny shoes.
              "Hmm. Not bad for someone for finally got past her. My name is Sans. Sans the skeleton" eyeing you eagerly, he offered out a hand. Being polite, you shook it. Thank goodness he didn't rig his hand with something. "Nice to meet you brat". "It's Frisk". "You know, I am supposed be looking out for little shits like you right now, but I couldn't give a single fuck". Sans laughed heartily. "Now my brother" he continued. "He is totally obsessed with hunting your kind and will stop at nothing until he replaces Undyne as head of the royal guard".
              "So, I am gonna do you a favor. You have thirty seconds to get as far away as you can before my brother over there" he points. "learns of your existence". "But-" "30". "29, 28, 27, 26...". Shivers ran throughout your body as you once again grabbed Flowey and ran, into the surrounding forest and around the impossible bridge by Sans. Snow seeped into your boots, and roots tripped you every now and again.
                "Oh shit! Oh shit! Frisk we gotta go faster!" Flowey was in a full-blown panic. An ominous feeling came over you. You were being watched, but you didn't believe you were spotted yet. Ducking in a nearby bush, your ears quivered at the sharp and extremely loud voice you heard through echoes in the forest. "A human?! And you let them slip through your hands? You need to stop cracking off". Judging by the lecture, this must've been his brother, his very loud brother.
                "Welp. They just got away before I could do anything Boss. Looks like we'll have to go out and find them," Sans' eye appeared to glow as it looked in your general direction. This pierced your heart with fear. Why were you watching this when you could've been escaping? You shrunk into the bush a little more and peeked out at the two distant bodies. "Sans, we both know you're too lazy to chase anything let alone a human." He huffed, clearly irritated. "I guess I will go look myself." "Wait Boss. I can give you a tip."
                Papyrus's boot pressed deeply into the snow. "What is it?" He was going to give you away and your position. Dread filled your stomach. "They went that way," his finger was directed at you. Oh no he didn't. Now you had to escape. Quietly you attempted to sneak away, but you clumsily stepped on a stick that snapped robustly, echoing at them. Both heads swung your way now for sure. "There! The human is over there!" Papyrus bolted into the forest after you, exhilarated.
                Run, run, run! With your heart beating and Flowey trying not to curse up a storm, you swiftly changed your direction multiple times. However, you couldn't lose him no matter what. This Papyrus was persistent and determined. He was gaining ground and you were losing stamina. "Human, I demand you to stop! I, Papyrus, will capture you and hand you to the capital. I will have my rightful spot in the royal guard!"
                So, in response to his unreasonable shouting and demands you stopped. It was because you had a plan, not because you were being considerate. "What? Hand me to the capital? Do I look like property to you? Excuse me, but you shouldn't be referring to me as an object when we haven't even met formally. Hell, you shouldn't do that at all. Where are your manners?"
                At this time you hoped and prayed that confidence would get you out of this. Papyrus stepped back at your rant, his eye sockets widening. But he snapped out of it, got in your face, and grabbed your wrist, making Flowey fall to the snow. Your wrist wriggled in his painfully tight grasp. "Look here human! We are monsters and you are just a wimpy human. You are nothing. It's your soul that matters. We want to be released from this hellhole and your soul is our key".
                Papyrus paused, his red irises burning holes in your own. "So, yes you are property. You're a simple little key to my business position and our freedom." His sharp teeth curved somehow to make a wicked smirk that spun your stomach like a washer. Heat filled your body as adrenaline rushed throughout your body. Both your eyes expanded and began to fill up with water, but you didn't want to give him that satisfaction. So you then tipped your head up at the opaque gray sky.
                "Crying? After your talk. How pathetic". He threw you down into the snow and cackled. Chills consumed your body now and you started to shake violently. Even vision was beginning to fade. Flowey was repeatedly shouting for you, but they sounded more ans more distant. Papyrus's smirk disappeared oddly enough and then everything dissolved into the darkness against your will. You had fainted.