One: How it all started

Aaliyah's POV

It all started three years ago. I was having a sleepover with my best friend Ramona. She's been there for me since my dad and grandma died last year in a car crash. Mom was single and had a job. That could barely keep us alive. Anyway, she just went out to get some snacks for us. We're trying to figure out what to watch. "Okay, there's 'Annie', 'Geek Charming' 'Despicable Me', and 'Shirley Temple'.'' said Ramona pointing to Shirley Temple. I gave in "Fine! But we're watching 'Annie' after." Ramona rolled her eyes playfully while she put on the movie.

Alexis's POV (Aaliyah's mom)

I was at the market pretty much looking for junk food the girls' can snack on. Then suddenly I bumped into someone while getting frozen pizza. I fell to the ground. Then I saw his hazel eyes look up at me. He took my hand and helped me up. He looked very built up. I could tell he was American, the pale face dirty blonde hair. "Are you okay?" "Yes, I am." "Good, I'm so sorry!" "It's alright.." "I'm Patrick. Your name is?" "Alexis." I said a bit nervous the way he looked at me I wasn't sure if I was scared or intrigued. "Alexis... very pretty. It fits you perfectly!" "Thank you!", I said practically blushing! Oh, my I'm blushing I haven't blushed since I was 17! That's when I met my late husband... "Well, I would like to meet you sometime," he said making me snapping back to the reality that Bruno and Mamma wasn't with us.. anymore. "Sure, I would like that too. Here's my number call me anytime." "Oka-" I left before he could say anything else I had to get home to Liyah before her and Ramona die of hunger!

Aaliyah's POV

Mom was supposed to be back by now but she hasn't yet. She's getting me really worried. And I'm also STARVING! Surprisingly I'm enjoying Shirley Temple! I still haven't figured out why they named an alcoholic drink after her. Was she a drunk when she was older? I knew better not to say that in front of Ramona she loved that movie. Like I LOVE 'Annie'. Next thing I knew mom came through the door she looked tense. She probably saw a car accident or something. I decided to ignore it I didn't want to bother her. I still wanted my junk food. I heard the microwave go on she must be making popcorn!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Well, this is my first Chapter I hope you guys' like it! I've been working on this story for months! So, Patrick's seems pretty cool. Don't judge a book by it's cover!