Ch. 7 - Thin Ice

A/N: proud of my bby. read the a/n at the end.
____________________________

Zayn

So I basically fidgeted the whole day. In all my classes I was a tense mess.

I hadn't calculated in my plan of talking to Mr. Styles about my grade that he would've gotten angry and manhandled me, before shoving his heavy ass desk into the wall and quite possibly breaking it.

As much as it was a turn on, it was also kinda scary. He seemed genuinely pissed, which is understandable considering how many times I swore at him.

But I pretty much just zoned out all day in my classes. I was just replaying the scene that took place in his classroom this morning over and over.

My sweater kept drooping down almost past my shoulders, so I just pulled it up on one side and let my right shoulder be exposed.

That was when I realized this was the class I had with Justin. I felt eyes on me and turned my head to my right where he was staring at me from his seat next to me.

I gave a small smile that he reciprocated before turning my attention back to the front.

I could tell Justin liked me. He just wasn't going to make a move, which I was fine with. With the whole "I'm basically having an illegal not-a-relationship with my teacher", I was completely fine with not having another guy to worry about romantically in my life.

I crossed my legs at the ankles and stared down at my feet before my eyes trailed higher.

I looked down at the sliver of ink you could see between my vans and the bottom of my skinnys. I reached down to pull the pant leg up and looked down at the screw I got done the other day at the tattoo parlor.

I smiled at the new addition before using my other foot to push the pant leg back down.

I looked up to see the teacher and everyone else staring at me.

Oh.

The fuck did I do now?

I could feel my face start to flush and I cleared my throat when Ms. Crawford raised her eyebrow at me.

"Can you repeat what you said, miss?" I asked a bit timidly.

She sighed before smiling a bit tiredly.

"You've been out of it this whole lesson are you alright, love?"

"Oh! Um, yeah I'm...I'm fine," I said, the intense stares starting to make me uncomfortable as I shifted in my seat.

She just nodded and told me to try to pay more attention, smiling with her seemingly always-tired eyes.

I nodded, but I couldn't help it as my mind kept drifting to what was going to happen when I had him for class later today and when I had my tutoring session with him after school.

Then my leg started jittering. From what I've experienced, Mr. Styles is uncomfortably unpredictable.

When the bell rung, I barely registered it as I slowly started packing my things. Justin asked if I was ok and I just nodded and waved him off with my hand, telling him not to worry about it. He just gave a weak smile as if he didn't believe me. Really he had to reason too. I wasn't trying to be convincing. There was something wrong with me and I didn't have the energy to try to convince people I was ok.