Why did he do that? [EDITED]

Start from the beginning

I stood on my toes as I opened the top cupboard in the kitchen. It was a spot that would be difficult to reach by Fiona and the twins since they rarely used their energy other than to paint on layer after layer of make up on their faces. I usually put the medication in a hidden compartment because the twins and Fiona tend to take an    overdose of medication. And when they did that, they usually coupled the binge with alcohol that would make them not only slightly violent but desperate for attention. I would not put it beyond myself to find condoms littered around the house.

I pulled down the eye drop and made a cup of hot milk. Holding the cup with one hand and an ice pack with the other, I made my way swiftly towards the twins' bedroom. There I found Tasha snoring loudly, her night dress pulled all the way up to her chest, revealing a pair of chunky legs and Heather who was propped up against the headboard of her bed. She scowled at me when I entered.

"Hurry up loser! I need to look beautiful again!" She cried, flailing her arms up dramatically and rolled her eyes back.

I cringed inwardly at the sound of her horrible screeching and quickly put two drops of the eye medication into her eye, set her cup of milk at her bedside table before rushing off back to my room. I really didn't like having direct contact with any of the twins.

I glanced at the clock. Seven.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. My heart skipped a beat as my hair slipped through my fingers like water. Havoc. His very name sent shivers down my spine. My mystery man. The man who was sweet enough to do the gruelling task of untangling my hair but was also fierce enough that the intense fire within him called to mine.

Just the thought of him caused the longing within me to intensify. My demon called out to be released, pushing against the restraints so that my skin itched and my eyesight sharpened. Taking a deep breath,I struggled to gain control of myself, to centre my thoughts at anything other than Havoc. He was an aphrodisiac, one that if I was being truly honest with myself, that I didn't one to escape from.

Changing into a pair of jeans and a navy blue shirt with a collar, I pulled on my sneakers, grabbed my backpack and made my way down to the kitchen.I quickly made a pot of coffee and set it in the middle of the table before heating up leftovers from last night.

I peered at the food spinning around in the heater and frowned. The funny looking food was sort of melting and dripping water from its sides. It looked like an odd version of fish and chips. Shuddering at the thought of even consuming such atrocity, I dumped my share into the bin and placed the rest on the table. I didn't really care what the twins or Fiona were going to put into their stomach.

Not wanting to stay in the house a minute longer, I dashed out the door,across the lawn and onto the pavement. The sun's rays warmed my chilled bones as I made my way leisurely towards the diner, humming to myself as I did so. I was determined to carry one the wonderful feeling I had from last night. Nothing was going to dampen my mood today.

When I reached the glass door of the diner, I could smell the sweet aroma of pancakes as it drifted out from the diner. The familiar scent made me smile and my mouth water in anticipation. I could not wait to taste our diner's infamous pancakes. Pushing up my oversized glasses further up my nose, I pushed open the door to the diner quietly.

"Sister?Are you in here?" I called out as I stepped into the diner, closing the door softly behind me.

"In here Elle!"

I followed the soft feminine call to the kitchen and found Sister Suzanne tossing a pancake expertly up into the air and catching it with a plate. I clapped my hands appreciatively, earning a smile from her.