Tanya and Brendon looked at the older man with shocked expressions. They didn't know it had gone that far.

"Is this what this is about? That blind bitch?" Josh chuckled. "She wasn't even my kid, Tanya cheated on me with the bartender."

Aro, Caius and the guards growled when he insulted their queen.

"You got her pregnant?" Tanya whispered in horror.

"What's it to you? You never cared for her anyways. You let me get away with shit so don't act like a Saint."

"She's the reason we're here?" Brendon spoke. "She ratted out the family to a bunch of strangers?"

"She did no such thing, I found out for myself. You see, boy, we are vampires. Some have gifts and mine is the power of sight. One touch and I know all of your little secrets. When she came here with those two puttane(whores) I had one of my guards lead her away. I kept those two alive until I found out what was done, then we had them killed." He chuckled. "And when we had brought you in, I confirmed more of the story."

"V-Vampires?"

"Did you not notice our cold skin? Red eyes?" He flashed over to the shaking boy, gripping his face in an iron grip. "How fast we are?"

"Brother, we shouldn't be playing with them now." Caius spoke, tired of the games.

"You are right." He went back to his side within a blink of an eye.

"You have brought shame upon your ancestors." Caius began walking slowly over to the three. "You have beaten, raped and blinded a woman who was not deserving of such actions. A woman who is my mate, the true queen of the Volturi. For those actions against her, you shall not only suffer at mine, as well as my brothers hands, but the guard as well. You will die shortly, I can assure you."

"Mate? She ain't even a vampire, just some floozy-" he wasn't able to finish when he was gripped by the next and forced into the brick wall behind him, his head banging off and dripping a bit of blood.

He stared into black, infuriated eyes.

"You will hold your tongue, boy," Caius said with a snarl, "less you wish to be without a tongue for the remainder of your pathetic existence."

"He is ready, Masters." Demetri came down from the south wing. "My queen is with him now."

"Fantastico. a prenderlo, Demetri. È ora."(Fantastic. Fetch him, Demetri. It is time.) Aro said, his hands crossed together.

He gave Caius a look, causing him to huff and drop the man to his feet. Josh's legs gave way as he sputtered for breath. Caius joined his brothers side as Demetri brought Ashton down, the newly turned vampire zeroing in on the family.

"I am glad you have awoken, young one."

"Ashton? Y-You... They've changed you?" Brendon looked at the kid that use to be his sister's babysitter.

Ashton smirked, a sickly smirk that made Brendon visibly start shaking.

"Looks like she's not the one shaking in fear anymore, eh?" Ashton laughed. "May I?"

Aro's dark smile returned as he and Caius nodded. The two kings turned, screams echoing off the walls as Ashton tore them to pieces.

"Newborns, so messy on their first kill." Aro said once they got to the top of the stairs.

"They deserved what they got. You know full well we would have done the same."

"You are right."

"Awo! Caius!" A little voice called out to them.

They saw the small boy perched on Marcus' shoulders, waving and smiling away as their mate held onto their brothers' hand.

"And how are you today, Alexander?" Aro asked as he plucked the boys from his brothers shoulders and into his arms.

"Good. Mawcus and mommy wewre tinking of a costume fowr me."

"He said he wanted to be just like his Uncle Demetri." Candace giggled. "I think he and Felix started fighting after that. Felix got a little jealous."

The kings chuckled. "Well then, we would need to get you your own cape, now wont we?" Caius mussed.

Alexander shook his head enthusiastically. "Yeah!"

"Laci offered to make his costume for me. She insisted and said something about making me a dress."

"Ah that's right, for the party."

"Party?" She questioned Aro. "Oh! You-know-who's birthday?"

"T'at's me momma!" Alex pouted.

"Are you sure? I thought it was Alec's?" She joked.

"No momma! I'm tuwrning five!"

"That's right. You're a big boy now."

Alex smiled. The five of them began to walk into the library, it being time for another lesson for the small boy. After a while, the dungeons were scrubbed clean and, what was left of the bodies, were burned and spread into a dumpster on the outskirts of town. Ashton cleaned himself up before going to the library where Alex was learning his Italian. He stood outside the door, with Laci and Lisa, and listened as the boy tried speaking the other language. Things were finally looking up in the world, but how long would their peace last?