Lachesis smirked. "I'm not exactly full vampire, miss."

"What do you mean?"

"I was born in the early 1860's in Paris, France. I can't remember the exact date, however, but I was born to a very noble family. Back then I was born Laci Fields. My father began to lose money, he owned a toy company that was being outranked by some other one in London, England. My mother began to worry for her stability and demanded he do something. So, when I became of age they arranged a marriage for me. He was a noble man who boasted about his wealth and my parents jumped at the chance when he said he was looking to take a wife." Lachesis chuckled dryly. "Back then I didn't know who or what I really was, or what he was for that matter. We got married that summer and things changed from there. He killed my parents, drained them of blood and set our home one fire, killing our Butler and maids that were still alive. He turned me when I turned 20 saying he wanted a 'mature' looking wife and not some 16 year old child. That didn't stop him from 'taking what was his' on our honeymoon or anytime after that. Once I was turned, however, he was immediately killed. After the burning in my veins had all but stopped, I opened my eyes and saw the most beautiful woman standing above me." She smiled. "She said to me, 'Ma belle fille, je suis terriblement désolé de ce qui vous est arrivé. Je voudrais pouvoir retirer ce qui a été fait pour vous, mais je ne peux pas.'(My lovely daughter, I am terribly sorry this has happened to you. I wish I could take away what has been done to you, but I cannot.) It took me a moment to realize she had called me her 'daughter'. I was so angry I went on a rampage and slaughtered the entire village my husband and I were living in at the time. Innocent people were killed, but they did not scream. I looked into their eyes and told them not to scream, and they listened. One woman screamed before I killed her though, 'La Boucher!'(the butcher) From then on that title ran on, and I let it. I killed without mercy, got what I wanted by the power of persuasion, and I lived on alone, angry, for 10 years, until Master Aro found me. Back then I did not know vampires had kings or they had any rules to follow. I went to attack them in a blind rage and Jane had used her power of pain on me causing me to fall. I could not hear what they were saying as I screamed bloody murder as my insides felt like they were on fire once more, but then it all stopped. Aro held out his hand and took mine in his and brought me here as one of the guards. I have been here ever since."

She expected the other woman to be disgusted, laugh, or even fall asleep. What she didn't expect was, "I'm so sorry you went through that, Lachesis. No one should go through anything like that. The woman, though, did you ever figure out who she was?"

"The Greek Goddess of Love, Aphrodite... I have green eyes from my demi-god side, well... I guess just Greek Goddess side since I am no longer human."

"Vampires have different colored eyes?"

The other red head had forgotten she was blind. "Yes. Vampires, if they feed on human blood, have bright violet red eyes. The other kind that call themselves, 'vegetarians', have golden eyes."

"A vegetarian? They eat tofu or something?"

Lachesis, for the first time in a while, laughed wholeheartedly. "N-No." She tried to say as she was still laughing. "Vampires qui mangent le tofu, j'ai jamais entendu parler d'une telle chose!"(Vampires that eat tofu, I've never heard of such a thing!) she tried to compose herself by clearing her throat. "Vegetarian vampires drink animal blood, though they must drink more of it since it does not fully satisfy."

"So the kings' eyes, as well as the rest of the vampires here, have red eyes?"

"Yes, miss."

"How else do vampires differ from humans besides the bloodlust and cold skin and red eyes?"

"Vampires have very pale, almost translucent skin that is practically impenetrable, by human method. We are very fast and very strong, some are stronger than others. If we go out in the sunlight, well..."

"What?"

"It's a bit... embarrassing..."

"You can tell me. I won't laugh."

"We... sparkle..."

After a few seconds of silence Candace giggled. "Like a disco ball? That's pretty cool!"

"Its one of the reasons we cannot go in direct sunlight. We can go out if the clouds block the sun though."

"Wow... there are so many things to learn..."

"I shall tell you more later, but first," Lachesis stood up, "let us get you in the shower before the masters have my head. Okay?"

In the throne room Marcus, Caius and Aro were going through some last minute items for the ball that was a few weeks away, when the new secretary entered with an envelope.

"Ah, Franchesca! A cosa dobbiamo questo ... visita?"(To what do we owe this... visit?)

"She is interrupting, brother." Caius spoke.

"She's new." Aro defended.

"Aren't they all." Marcus said, not looking up from his book.

Caius smirked and Aro held out his hand for the note.

"Ah, che piacere. E 'dal nostro caro amico, Carlisle."(Ah, what a pleasure. It is from our dear friend, Carlisle.) there were two notes. "And look, an invitation to Isabella and Edward's wedding."

"They will be making the deadline then?"

Aro turned to the snow haired king. "Of course!" He opened the one from Carlisle and frowned.

"What is it, brother?"

"It would seem they know about our mate, brother o' mine. Young Alice has had one of her 'visions'."

"And? What business is it of theirs?"

"La pace, fratello. Ha appena ci augura un congratulazioni a trovare finalmente quello."(Peace, brother. He just wishes us a congratulations in finding the one.)

"Then why have you frowned?"

"Something just isnt feeling right... Hmm..." He realized the secretary was still standing there. "You were right, however, she was interrupting." He nodded

his head and two of the lower guards dragged the woman out of there, before silence once more. "I will have Heidi hire yet another one." Aro sighed. "I do so hate incompetent workers." He sat down and got back to work.

Back in Forks, the wedding was just around the corner. While Alice was the most excited, Carlisle felt as if something was wrong. He didn't want to believe that his 'children' were screaming, but from what Jasper had told him, they were not afraid, but their emotions held something even he couldn't decipher. He just hopped everything would calm down, once the order of Bella being turned had been finally met.