Seeing the Prince Again

Time Skip 3 years later...

"f-n, seek out the prince's location and guide him to Altissia unscathed. All these souls joining by the hand of Etro, it was all for the future kingling. Do not question his sense of doubt. He still struggles to accept his inescapable fate as king. Remember..."

The simple message rang in repeatedly in your thoughts, completely occupying any source of happiness. Two whole weeks passed yet no calls from the king, glaives, or Cor resounded through the earpiece frequency. Perhaps they were busy preparing for the war most likely. Frigid droplets continued to stain your s/c cheeks, trickling down your long eyelashes. The downcast rain postponed any chance of traveling along with your fluffy yellow bird, at the moment reserving its stamina beside your sitting figure. A soft kweh emanated from its orange beak causing a smile to grace your lips at its cute behavior.

'All for the future monarch yet he couldn't protect his bethrothed and father these past years.' You thought while gazing through the blurry glum landscape of the Duscae region. Years passed since you've joined under the allegiance of the Caelums, growing close relations with the king along with his loyal guards, the Kingsglaive most referred as. You grimaced at the shrilling arch of pitch in the frequency of the earpiece, pressing a finger lightly against the button. Your eyes almost rolled in their sockets automatically, muttering a quiet complaint under your breath.

'Noctis Lucis Caelum and Lunafreya Nox Fleuret have been subjected to death. Many investigators have searched the land yet their bodies have not been found. More on Ne-' You silenced the repetitive news station, glancing back towards the scenery.

Evey passing month, news stories and speculations of the whereabouts of the two heirs spread like wildfire. It pained your conscience completely aware of the hidden truth.You could almost hear the deafening sounds of gunfire, remembering the clad in white princess zooming past incoming fire as you maintained a barrier around her. Member of the Kingsglaive, Nyx, rushed to the driver seat, revving the untouched vehicle. He sent you a curt nod, pushing his foot into the pedal, the smell of burning rubber slipping into your nostrils. Given the command by the king, you ran back into the ignited building, rescuing the injured and fallen warriors maimed from their wounds.

You no longer hear the pounding sound of rain pouring down, causing you look up at the sky. Thankfully, it was only a passing rain shower so you'd be able to resume your traveling. You rubbed the beak of your Chocobo, its eyes opening up slowly. It wobbles slightly, rising on its two legs. It stretches out his wings, shrieking a "kweh!" across the whole field. You climb up on top of it, pulling on its reins lightly, signaling it start running forward towards the open land of Duscae.

Time Skip
While cruising around on your Chocobo, you feel a powerful breeze sweep through the forest. You shield your eyes with your hand, watching leaves, dusts, and debris whirl all around. You look up, spotting a Niflheim airship glide over your location, its blaring red lights and turbulent engine deafening your hearing. You leap off your Chocobo, signaling it to hide. You crouch down behind a group of trees, spotting Magiteks leap off from the airship with axes and guns in their possession. There was about ten or more troops standing motionless in the grassy terrain.

'Why the hell would they be here?' You mentally questioned with confusion. Your eyes widened, realizing that the Niflheim empire may have known about the Oracle's narrow escape from the nation, scouring the whole land for her along with the prince.

You pulled up the hood of your brown cloak, concealing your face of recognition from those scrapheads. White crystals began to shimmer near your hands, materializing into long, silver daggers. You warp above the group of Magiteks, slashing them majestically from above. When landing, you hurled one of your daggers at a troop, then warp towards your thrown dagger, yanking it out of the Magitek's now malfunctioning body. Your back archs backwards upon instinct, feeling a Magitek's shooting needles graze your left cheek. You straighten your back, slashing quickly at your assailants. You knock out the last Magitek you see in your eyesight. You sigh with exhaustion, forgetting to destroy one last Magitek soldier. It pulls back its arm over its shoulder, ready to strike you unexpectedly, when you suddenly get tackled to the ground.

"Prompto, now!" You hear a voice yell out. A gunshot rings through the once serene area. You glance over your shoulder, watching the Magitek's head explode the moment you spotted the tracing of a bullet engraved into its metal skull. You widen your eyes, seeing its arms assemble into that stupid self-destruct mechanism. You push away the person who tackled you to the ground, and raise your arm in front of your grounded form. Transparent needles form around the Magitek, twirling in anticipation. You clench your hand in a fist, the needles shooting through its body. A few seconds later, the soldier explodes in reaction.

You push yourself off the ground with your arms. You brush off the dust and debris from your clothing, turning your back towards the two of them without a word of thanks. You began walking away, before you feel a hand grab onto your shoulder tightly.

"f-n, is that you?" A voice questions hesitantly. You swiftly turn around meeting, sad eyes that are mainly bursting with happiness. He pulls you into a tight hug, clutching you desperately within his comforting arms, afraid of you vanishing if he ever let go. Over his shoulder, you spot the prince standing behind him with a confused expression. You had many things to explain to the future king.