Disturbances

Screams of horror and panic emanated through the whole palace, spreading alarming news briskly to guarding glaives lined against the walls. The two of you marched downstairs, frequently bumping shoulders with other passing guests, a majority retreating to the nearest exit.

"f-f-n!" The beckon of your name surged through your eardrums reaching your core, spinning in every direction for the sight of the fellow blonde.

The male was nowhere to be seen. You ran past the many panicking people, striding through a pathway traced with glass panel window. The glass shattered, sending chunks and shards. The pieces scraped your once flawless unscathed flesh, continuing to warp occasionally. Embers and fire hydrants below showered the darkly illuminated streets below. You threw your broadsword towards the lower levels willfully. Completely excluding the precautions of past warps, you stumbled over upon impact from the high story drop having a slight nauseous feeling in your stomach.

"Now's not the time..." You muttered, pushing yourself weakly back onto your feet again.

The bloody chaotic landscape astonished you, watching soulless Nifs and war machines prowl the suburbs and interior of the city. Civilians shrieked in horror, soonly accepting their harsh demise as Magitek soldiers fired magazines of bullets into their abdomen, leaving no flesh untouched. Remorse sparked in your eyes of your future actions, summoning a white crystalline bow, a single arrow in the other. Nearby Nifs were welcomed with an arrow to the head, plummeting to the ground with a clang.

Your hands shielded your eardrums from a death piercing shriek of an unknown beast, released by the Niflheim nation to reek havoc across the city. An arrow was shot into one of the wrecked buildings, a shroud of white crystals materializing beside it, slender fingers wrapping around its stem. You tossed yourself over the roof railing, watching the burning city from above. Once tall skyscrapers and glass paneled buildings crumbled into pieces, grenades and spells igniting the infrastructure of most.

You cursed beneath your breath, raising a hand forward, aiming your palm towards the sky. An orb imbued with lightning essence crackled between your fingers, sending powerful zaps through your veins. With a simple flick of your index finger, it zoomed into the air leaving a bluish whisp trail in its wake. Rain streamed down on the city, extinguishing the blazes. Thunder zapped towards the surface, inflicting massive damage on Magitek soldiers and red blaring airships, leaving civilians unharmed.

Realizing the odds of King Regis injured in the palace, you warp back inside. Your soles pounded against the bloodstained carpet, rushing to the throne room as fast as you feet could carry you. You pushed open a pair of metallic doors encarved with silver patterns, revealing an older man crouching next to the injured monarchy. You crouch down beside the King, noticing a glass shard punctured deep into his side.

"Miss, disregard my rudeness, but what is a young maiden like you in the midst of a war zone?" The older man questioned with a piercing gaze, placing his callous finger cautiously around the thick translucent shard embedded into the injured king's side. His calm expression faltered as the grey haired male groaned lightly in pain and discomfort.

"Helping my king from Niflheim hands. Forgive me for the sudden introduction sir, but the Majesty is in need of a healer. You're in luck because I already inherit the ability to cast a cura spell." Your fingers curled out from your slightly scratched palm, a heavenly light appearing from the surface. You murmured a simple spell, watching the greenish whisps swirl their pathway to the blood stained cloth of his elegant robe. The skin melded together into its original unscathed state, the patch of skin completely clean of any type of scratch or bruise. 'That's going to take awhile to regenerate.' You thought with a hazed vision, slumping back onto your knees between shallow pants.

"Thank you, and forgive me for my weakened state. It appears our enemy has raided another city once more." Regis stated, averting his attention towards the Marshal standing beside him with a summoned katana between his hands.

"Seems like it. Your Majesty, we must get you to a safer location before initiating a plan to counterattack the Imperials. Come along." The sword wielder glanced over his shoulder before passing by the metal doors coated in metallic crimson blood, stained by judges and comrades once eliminated moments ago for guarding their true king, their own source of magic.

"My dear, your name would be quite an understatement at this late timing. Though, I'd like to be aware of this brave soldier's name." He questioned with a calming gaze tingling your senses.

Your head tilted upwards exhaustively, breathing out a blunt answer. "f-n, f-n l-n my liege."

"Come child, let us return to a more safer haven before continuing our conversation." Your arm looped around his shoulders, gripping onto his robe tightly as your knees buckled beneath you. The bloodbath drenched the air in a sickening aroma, gagging slightly at the scent. Explosions continued to quake the interior of the palace, glass shards and debris floating downward in reaction.

"H-How much farther?" You chided in weakness, trembling in your shoes.

"Hang on, just sustain your energy and let me guide you. Just let go..." Immediately complying, your eyes fluttered closed in submission. All your trust and well being was within his already weakened hands, giving him more of a burden to carry along for the short journey. You wouldn't allow him to suffer all the way now would you?

"Your Majesty, that man with you. Where has he gone?"

"He has arrived in our transportation vehicle my dear. Gently..." Regis said genuinely, helping you crawl into the empty back seating of the black embellished armored truck.

The Marshal's fingers tightened around the leather surface of the driver wheel, glancing towards your unconscious figure through the rear view mirror.

"Are you sure about bringing her along? We barely know anything about her."

"She aided us despite her mana being diminished to a lowered state. That is all I need to know." He answered briefly, propping his cane beside him.

Cor Leonis nodded his head in confirmation, twisting the wheel into a different direction. The pathway to Insomnia, the last region kept untouched by the Imperial cannons and airships. No land was safe anymore, including the crown city itself built within the infrastructure of the housed crystal within the central chamber.

???
"Emperor, the Nifs have reported a girl among the raid, apparently bearing the exceptional capability of warping, similar to the prince. The commander wishes for the next order." The red haired man announced with a bow of his fedora, awaiting the response of the reigning monarchy of Niflheim.
"Hm, notify her to ignore all previous tasks I sent her with. I have a new job that will certainly please her, to show me how valuable she says she is to our military." He said briefly, stroking his grey hairs with new interest.

A new player was intertwined in the war, between the all mighty nations of Lucis and Niflheim...