"You're late" his husky voice says.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious" I respond instantly regretting it once I see his expression darken.

"You showed up to this industry looking for a job and if you expect to get it, I suggest you refrain from your childish comments Ms. Winters." He bites back making me slightly cringe bringing a look of satisfaction and amusement to Mr. Stone's face.

"I'm sorry Mr. Stone I slept in and had trouble getting here on time but I promise it won't happen again." I quickly rush out to hopefully make him like me. He slightly nods and pulls out a file with what I assume is my records. After a couple of awkward minutes of him looking through my records and me chewing on my bottom lip he glances up with a look of impress.

"Well Ms. Winters from your records I can see that your expertise level in the business industry is remarkable."
I blushed furiously before I replied back with a small thank you.

"You got the job but if I see you're late one more time you're fired. Do I make myself clear?" He asks me in a voice full of authority. I quickly nod my head with a smile and wait for his next words. He continues to stare at me and all I can do is look around his office waiting for the awkward silence to be broken.

His office is huge with a large window that took up the whole wall to my right. His desk was a light brown wooden texture with a laptop, lamp and a stack of files. The walls were a light shade of grey with a seating area behind me with a black table in the center. The office was well put together and it screamed dark and mysterious. (Picture from beginning of chapter)

I look back to see my new boss still staring at me intensely with is golden eyes which made me a bit uncomfortable. Not being able to hold back a comment I ask

"Sir, you've been staring at me for a couple minutes, is there something on my face?"

"No, I just never expected you to be so beautiful and alluring." He replies slickly with a smirk. My face probably resembled a tomato from how hard I was blushing. His smirk widens at that and I can't help but want to wipe that sexy smirk off his face.

"Well being the CEO of a massive company I would've assumed you'd know it's not polite to stare....Guess not" I bite back with a smirk of my own. He clearly wasn't expecting that so his smirk slipped from his face making mine get bigger.

"Well being an employee in my company I'd assume you'd know that your job could easily be given to someone else." He snaps back. My smirk falls and a look of panic crosses my face at his words. He obviously saw my expression because the smirk I'm starting to really hate was back on his face. He dismisses our conversation as he starts to get up nodding at me to follow. He opened a door I didn't notice was in his office that connected to another office but a tad bit smaller. On the table there was a list with a bunch of companies and numbers along with a stack of files and a computer.

"I need you to call these companies and arrange a meeting for tomorrow at 2pm. Then I want you to put these files of Stone Industry's finances in the computer onto one document. After you print copies of the document, set it on my desk and then you're free to go." He tells me looking back making sure I heard everything.

"Sure thing Mr. Stone I'll get right on it." I say as I walk past him and sit behind my desk picking up the phone. He watches me for a couple moments before he nods and walks back to his office shutting the door on the way out. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and get to work.

It takes me a couple hours to arrange the meeting, and the documents. Glancing at the time I see it's 4:30pm when I finished. Satisfied with the work I accomplished I gather my things and make my way back into Mr. Stone's office to drop off the copies. Knocking on the door, I wait a couple moments before I enter to see him staring intently at his laptop. I wait for him to glance up and slowly walk over to his desk. I put the copies on his desk and he grabs them looking at them to check for any mistakes. I wait nervously for him to say something, when he doesn't respond after a few minutes I ask

"Is there something wrong with the copies Mr. Stone?"

He glances up at me "No, I was just making sure everything was correct. I wasn't expecting you to finish the documents so quickly but good job today, you're free to go." He responds with a curt nod. Turing around my heel gets stuck on the leg of the desk making me fall forward. Accepting my embarrassment, I don't try and prevent the fall but am later confused when my face doesn't meet the wooden floor. Instead I feel strong arms grasp my waist leaving a trail of heat in the process. Opening my eyes I come face to face with Mr. Stone and take a moment to stare at him yet again. His eyes were so alluring they kept drawing me in making me loose my train of thought. This stare off went on for a couple of seconds before I snapped out of it getting out of his arms.

"See you at work tomorrow Mr. Stone" I rush out trying to play off my clumsiness. I don't wait for a response but I do catch a glimpse of his smirk as I walk out the door and towards the elevators.

"Way to go Amelia, you've managed to embarrass yourself in front of your attractive boss on the first day of work." I congratulate my stupidity in my head. I enter the elevators pressing the first floor and wait for the door to close. As the doors close I catch a glimpse of Mr. Stone staring at me. I could have sworn I saw him wink at me but dismissed the thought.

"Amelia Winters, you're an official idiot!" I exclaim to myself when the elevator doors close.

-------------------------------------------------------
First chapter complete!! I know it was a bit short but the future chapters will be longer. Make sure to comment and vote to let me know how you like the book so far!! Thanks you guys<3
A.O