6. So, I Had a Pretty Good Time at This Party...

Uploaded: 25 October 2013

Everyone said they loved Stacie's party. One of the best nights ever. It's funny how you judge how much fun you had by how little you can remember the next day. Things must have been crazy, it must have been awesome. And the best part is, the whole night you feel like you're really living, but when you look back there's this gap between usual events that's just nothing. So I had a pretty good time at Stacie's party.

My dad thought I was staying at Mary Sue's that Saturday, but instead of driving to her place, I drove over to the school were Damien picked me up on his motorcycle. It was starting to get cold, so I sort of had to hold on to him pretty tight on the way to Stacie's house. I don't think he minded.

Walking into Stacie's house was like walking into another world completely, the contrast was that dramatic. Outside, it was a peaceful night. Not many people out, pretty quiet, chilly. As soon as we stepped into the party we were hit with the kind of heat that is only generated by a mass of moving bodies. You know, the stifling, kind of sweaty type of heat. The lights were dimmed as some sort of boy band blared through the stereo and people stumbled through the house laughing or shouting at each other. It was looking to be a promising night.

Damien left me in the hallway while he squeezed around people to find us drinks. That's when I found Mary Sue. Or rather, she found me. Someone pulled me into a hug from behind and based on what my back was squished into, I knew it was Mary Sue. I still have not met anyone with tits as big as Mary Sue's, except for maybe Bob. But I do not think that Bob would ever be found at a high school party. Hopefully. That would be really weird.

Anyway, the first clue as the identity of the mystery hugger was the fact that I was pulled into a pair of giant boobs. The second was when she shouted my name.

"Perci!"

Except she said it more like Pershi. She was a bit drunk.

"Hey!" I had to shout over the music as I wiggled out of her hug, "What are you doing here?"

"Stacie invited me because I helped her out with some homework!"

It took her a very long time to say that.

"And by 'helped her out' do you mean, 'did it for her?'"

She shrugged. "I had to come with Jamie because nobody in this school wants me!"

"Oh, come off that. What about Harun from your art class? He's pretty obviously into you."

Mary Sue made a face. "He doesn't count. Nobody good wants me. Nobody like Damien."

Poor Harun, I kinda liked him.

"Well, I don't know what to say then." I saw Damien waving my over into the living room. "Jamie doesn't seem like such a bad option." I started to head over to him.

"But where just friends!" she shouted this like it would be a crime against nature to ever consider Jamie to be anything else.

I shrugged. "I gotta go, see ya."

And I made my escape.

After that is when things start getting a little fuzzy. I know Damien and I had a few drinks and I know we ended up dancing pretty close to each other during some of the better songs and I know that we ended up on the couch together at some point. Actually, I remember a lot of me and Damien being together and not much about the other people there. I guess it's because nothing really important happened between me and most of the people there. I ran into Jamie, of course.

And Heather. Heather was there.

It was getting pretty late and Damien and I were off in a little corner by ourselves. He was saying something about finding some place a little more private. I have to admit, I agreed with him. I mean, it had been a while. Since, way before I decided to leave Seattle.

And then I was alone again. Damien had gone off to the bathroom and I was just sort of standing awkwardly alone in the corner, watching all the people. I image I had this really stupid grin on my face as well. I don't know if I actually did, but I guess that would really complete the picture. That's about when Jamie came up. I'm pretty sure he was the only sober one at that party.

I remember grinning up at him. "Hey."

"Hey, Perci," he leaned up against the wall next to me.

I sort of shuffled my feet before saying, "Good party, huh?"

Jamie shrugged. He really did get straight to the point. "Perci, are you drunk?"

"Nope!" I replied cheerfully, convinced my lie was convincing.

Jamie frowned down at me. "I think you should let me take you home."

"I can't, Damien's in the bathroom..."

"Yeah, about him," I saw his face go red despite the low light, "Listen Perci, you haven't been here for very long and you really don't know his reputation. He's really not a very good guy, and it's just, well I've seen you to together tonight and I can't help but think he's thinking thinks that are...less then gentlemanly. And, look, Perci," he took me by the arm, but my attention was lost for a moment.

"Where is Mary Sue?" I kept looking around him for her, but I didn't see her anywhere.

"She's fine, but I need to talk about u--I mean you."

I looked back at him, staring into his big, blue eyes and doing my best to look absolutely serious.

"It's just that, I like you, Perci, and I don't want to see you hurt. And Damien hurts people. You deserve better than him."

If I were not drunk, I would have had the sense not to giggle.

But I wasn't, so I did. "You're cute," I may have winked at him, I don't remember, "But Damien's nice too, so..." what I meant to do was kiss him on the cheek in a friendly drunk sort of way, but I ended up missing and getting the side of his mouth, and quite honestly, he did not give much resistance for someone who claimed to have my best interest at heart. Anyway, I didn't really think much of it until the morning, and even after, I just patted his head and told him goodnight and went off to look for Damien.

If he tried to follow me, I don't' remember, I was more concerned about other things.

And of course, that's when DeVil had to show up!

I shouldn't have been surprised that she was there, but I was. I guess I had forgotten that Stacie Swann belonged to her. She didn't say much, she just turned around and sneered at me from a crowd of girls and said, "Looks like the little new girl can juggle two guys at once!"

I was genuinely confused as to this remark. In my mind, that kiss with Jamie still didn't count as a thing, so I figured she was confused and kept going.

I did hear her loudly whisper the word 'Slut,' which got me to turn around and give her a confused sort of glare, but she was already surrounded by people so she probably never saw me. In any case, Damien was there. He saw me and grinned. He had a cigarette dangling from his mouth, which made things inconvenient for my purposes.

"Hey," I reached up and removed it so I could kiss him. I felt him pull me closer, and when we finally broke apart, I took a long hit off his cigarette, "Let's go?"

Damien didn't say anything. Grinning, he took back his cigarette and we went off in search of someplace a little more quiet.