Pocky // Kunikida Doppo x Reader [OLD]

(old work — 2016)

Salutations, people who may or may not be reading. This one shot was inspired by pinkpastelcalesti . Now, I know I've already done Kunikida, and I haven't even gotten to people like Akutagawa even once yet, but Kunikida is Bae and he needs more love and one shots so there. (Sorry if Kunikida is a little OOC, but it's necessary that he be a fluffy cinnamon roll for this story- and he is, but he doesn't really show it all that often so................... Yeah)
Enjoy!

*That edit up there belongs to me*
___________________________________
\\Your POV//

It was a normal day at the agency. And by "normal", I mean it was just the usual behavior and atmosphere in the office. Ranpo was doing something like playing with that marble he got a little bit ago, Dazai was talking about how he absolutely needed to find someone for double suicide, Atsushi was keeping an eye on him, Juunichiro was doing something with Naomi, and Kunikida was doing something "Ideal" related. And you, as always, were at your desk, laptop open, gaming away. Normal.

Yosano walked into the office, nothing unusual in the slightest. She made her way to your desk. Typical. As cliché as it may sound, you- being one of the only females at the agency with an ability- naturally made friends with Yosano.

When she made it to your desk, she plopped something down on your desk and waited for you to see what it was. It took a bit, but you eventually noticed her standing there, and so you quickly paused your game and shut your laptop.

"What's up?" You asked, propping your elbows up on the desktop. Yosano smiled that mischievous smile of her's and pointed down to the object she placed. You looked down and raised a brow. "...Pocky?"

"No, it's Gyokuro Tea." She retorted sarcastically. You just gave a "tch" to that. (A/n: Thumbs up if you thought of Levi)

"So, why'd you buy this? I mean, I assume you and your devilish mind are up to something." Yosano only smiled wider at your statement.

"Smart girl." She turned around and leaned against the desk, crossing her arms. "Don't think I don't know about your little... crush." She said in a low voice. You froze. Sure, Yosano was your good friend, but you didn't want to tell anybody about your crush.

"Ha, ha," You laughed nervously. "What're you talking about..?" Yosano rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on! You can't deny this! And, don't you want the chance to see if he likes you back?" At that, you perked your ears to listen. But you hesitated slightly.

"Go on..." You spoke. Yosano explained her plan in perfect detail. And of course, Ranpo was in on it. What did you expect?

~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~

Ranpo was casually talking with Kunikida. You know, how's your day? What's up with you? Lovely weather we're having. Basic questions and conversation topics. And then...

"So, do you like anyone?" Ranpo casually asked. I mean, he already knew the answer, he just wanted to get Kunikida in the right set of mind.

"Well... actually, I do." Kunikida replied hesitantly.

"Is that so?" Ranpo asked, the tone in his voice clearly giving away that he already knows. Kunikida nodded. "Well, then. Who is it?" Kunikida stiffened.

"Uh... Uhm, it's..." He fake coughed as he said his crush's name. "(Y/n)." Ranpo stopped eyeing the marble and looked over to (Y/n), who was sitting at her desk, snacking on Pocky as she gamed. She was in position.

"Hmm, if you like her, you should tell her so." Ranpo smiled and kept the hand with the marble on his desk that he was sitting on, full attention to Kunikida and his part of Yosano's plan.

"What?! Why would I do that?!" Kunikida whisper yelled.

"The situation right now is a great time to tell her you like her. This may be your only chance for a long while."

"What makes now optimal for telling her about my crush on her?" Kunikida asked skeptically. Ranpo smiled devilishly.

"Play the Pocky game with her!" Kunikida's eyes went wide. He quickly put his head in his arms that were on his desk in an attempt to hide his blush.

"What?! No! That's insane!"

"Then I'll just have to prove to you just how insane it isn't." Ranpo slid off his desk and walked over to you. You were playing some first person shooter, online RP game, and it looked similar to Halo. You had a Pocky stick in your mouth, but your were too into your game, so it was just there. Ranpo tapped on your shoulder, and you knew what to do.

You turned your head, keeping your eyes on the screen. Ranpo leaned down, bringing his face extremely close to yours. He glanced at Kunikida, who was red with anger... and maybe a little jealousy. Ranpo opened his mouth and bit the Pocky away from you. One millimeter closer and he would have kissed you. While Kunikda was freaking out over what Ranpo just did, you acted as though nothing had happened and just replaced the Pocky stick.

"Told you.~" Ranpo chimed as he was back by Kunikida. It wasn't hard to manipulate Kunikida, so this whole plan was actually easier than one would expect. Kunikida swiftly walked over to you, and tapped on your opposite shoulder. You turned your head, once again keeping your eyes locked on the screen. He inhaled deeply in attempt to calm his nerves.

"Hey, may I have one?" Kunikida asked politely. You nodded, giving a quiet "uh huh". He inhaled once more, then gently put his hand under your chin and bit the Pocky, stealing a quick kiss in the process. It took a few seconds to register, but when it did, you immediately shut your laptop and stared at Kunikida. The man was standing there, desperately trying to keep from blushing and freaking out, and failing.

You just smiled, and put another Pocky in between your teeth. Kunikida looked at you with a brow raised. No words were shared. He just leaned down and took the Pocky stick from your mouth with his hand, then kissed you. And you kissed back. Of course you did. Kunikida pulled away.

"I... Like you... A lot," he started nervously. "And I was hoping, maybe, you'd want to... Come to dinner sometime?" You smiled brightly and chuckled lightly.

"I'd love to." You said as you got up, kissed his cheek, and walked away to grab some water or something. On your way, you saw Yosano and Ranpo fist bump, then each give you a thumbs up.

You owe Yosano a big one.
___________________________________

Hey humans. What's up? So, I got this out, I hope you all liked it! I HOPE ITS NOT TOO CHEESY FOR YOU GUYS.
\(^-^)/

FlyingCoffeHouse
OUT!