Part 2

One Year Later -

Karn waited for Duryodhan along with all the other members of the court. Duryodhan had held a court meeting for the nearby kingdoms in Hastinapur. Karn, as Duryodhan's best friend and the King of Anga, was invited as well. Duryodhan's father, King Dhritarashtra, was seated in the middle of the court and next to him stood an empty throne for the Prince of Hastinapur, but Duryodhan had just left to get someone. He said he had a surprise for the courts.

While he waited, Karn thought of her. Her beautiful eyes and how Karn would manage to find her. Last he heard, Draupadi had married Arjun and all 4 of his brothers, due to a condition set by their mother, Kunti. Kunti said that Arjun would have to share with all his brothers and so Draupadi married all 5 of them.

Duryodhan seemed to always hate the Pandavas. Karn remembered playing with them when he was little and came to visit Duryodhan's palace. That's when he first met Arjun. He instantly hated him, but the other brothers were okay. Karn actually quite liked them. However, Duryodhan was always mad when he went to play with them, so eventually Karn just had to stop. After they married Draupadi, they were cast to Indraprasth where Yudishtir, the oldest brother, built a beautiful palace. Karn was sure that Draupadi was there in the palace with them. Now, all he had to figure out was how he was ever going to win her back if she was already married to the 5 brothers. It was impossible, and Karn was sure that she would've forgotten him by now.

Karn was torn from his thoughts when he heard footsteps coming from the halls. The conversations in the court halted, and everyone turned to look at the door. In walked a smiling Duryodhan, followed by... the Pandavas? They were wearing servant attire and they looked extremely ashamed. What had Duryodhan done? What was going on?

"Look what I have won, my father!" boasted Duryodhan. "I have just won the Pandavas beautiful palace, and all of their wealth. Then, I asked Yudishtir for his brothers, and he gambled them all away to me. I've even managed to win their beloved wife, Draupadi!" Duryodhan laughed.

Karn looked up shocked. Duryodhan had won Draupadi? Karn could not live like that. He'd readily give anything for her, but to see her in that state. It would kill him! The princess of Panchal could not be a mere servant to these crude kings. How could Duryodhan do that?

"Look what I have done to them. They are our servants now. They bow down to us, and that wretched girl who was loyal to them, is now mine."

Karn's heart was racing. Where was she? Was she alone, crying somewhere for all her world had been lost, or had she already been put to work? Karn's head was whirling. How would he find her? Is she here?

Duryodhan continued taunting the Pandavas, and yet the court was silent. No one could believe that Duryodhan could commit such a task. How did he steal away everything, and make the Pandavas mere slaves to the kingdom? Karn glanced at the Pandavas. Yudishtir stood, shaking, ashamed of himself and how he had lost his everything. Bheem stood in fury, staring angrily at Duryodhan, ready to pounce, but he couldn't due to his new status as only a servant. Next stood Arjun, with murder in his eyes, and his hands clenched in fists. Finally, stood Nakul and Sahadev. Nakul's face was scrunched up, almost as if he was about to cry, but Karn knew that Nakul only cried in fury. Sahadev's face was stoic and in concentration, almost as if he was trying to figure out a way to stop this.

What really shocked Karn was what came next. A giddy Duryodhan full of crude laughter called out to his brother, Dushasan. Bring her in, brother. Let's show the courts what she really is. Karn, already angry, turned to the door once again. What he saw made his heart shatter. Dushasan was pulling in an angry Draupadi into the court by her hair, while Duryodhan and he laughed with coldness filling their souls. Horror filled the court. She kicked and screamed and scratched at his arms. Her eyes filled with tears, as her head hit each white, marble stair, Dushasan pulled her across. Her legs kicked, and her body struggled against the overly powerful cousin-in-law who dragged her to the middle of room.