Chapter 36: As Long As

Start from the beginning

I caught his tail and pulled gently on it, just 'cause I could. He growled a little, but there was no heat behind it.

I smiled as I leaned back, pressed my hands to his face and rubbed his nose against mine.

He huffed and settled his head against my lap, one paw on my thigh and the other on the floor.

"I miracle you so much." I whispered to him, resting my cheek against his head.

He purred beneath me and I smiled.

--

--

Thirteen minutes later, I was sprawled on the floor messing with Nathan's phone with Nathan sitting really close to me, meticulously licking his paw.

Three seconds later, Nathan's head snapped up, his canines showing as he growled and started for the door.

When I heard a knock, I went to the door and opened it without fear. I could smell Grey (I don't think I'm going to get over how weird that sounded) on the other side.

Nathan nudged me aside and used his paw to open the door and crouched, growling at Grey.

When Grey dropped down on one leg and dropped his head in submission, Nathan relaxed and sniffed Grey before moving back and letting him in.

I raised an eyebrow at Grey who threw me a warning look. Grey walked to practically the other end of the room and I sighed.

"Really? I played Angry Birds on your phone. There's no closer two friends can get." I said seriously to Grey.

His lips twitched in a grin but he looked at Nathan and said.

"Sir, there have been some orders from the Council."

Nathan just continued to look at Grey, as though waiting for a punch line or something.

Attempting (and failing) to hold in a grin, Grey said "So if you'd shift.."

Nathan growled, and I realized to shift he'd have to go into the closet so he can wear something ...leaving me alone with Grey.

I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously?" I growled at Nate.

Grey, without looking anywhere in my direction, said "It's normal for the male Shifter to behave this way after the Marking."

'This way'? What, like a crack pot?

I must have had a please-stop-talking-or-I'm-going-to-punch-you-in-the-face look on my face, because neither of the boys said anything to me, they just stared at me like total creepers.

"What?" I asked.

Nathan did a weird shrug/snort and my eyes widened as I realized my mate was throwing caution in the air and shifting right..in...front...of...me.

Oh. My. God.

I squealed and turned around, stupidly shutting my eyes as well.

Why am I shutting my eyes? I've already turned around. It's not like I'm going to see any damn thing.

Blood was rushing past my ears in embarrassment and I didn't even listen to what the boys were saying.

Stupid.

I should be awarded some medal for being this lame. And a cup. I've always loved cups.

When I felt Nathan, press his front to my back I muttered.

"If you aren't wearing anything I will just-"

Nathan snorted "Please you won't even turn around and look at me, I don't know why you're threatening me. They're moot threats anyway."