Chapter 1: New Beginnings

• Dedicated to My baby sister

(A/N) A small something that popped into my head while I was in the shower. Apparently, the greatest of inventionsions/discoveries happen in the weirdest of places. I was about to pull an Archimedes and shout "Eureka!", but you know modesty and all...besides I cant wet my laptop. So, I hope you like this story.

Vote and Comment, my darlings! Sorry for any and all typos.

Fair warning: this book is finished, however it is unedited-ish since despite my editing there are mistakes that I'm yet to sit down and correct. I really hope they don't spoil the story for you. I'm sorry. And thank you, in advance, for giving my story a chance. Now read away!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal people sleep, get up, bathe, go about their work oblivious to the feeligs and emotions around them.

Normal people don't recieve letters from unknown schools offering them a scholarship and postition in their school. Then, again, "normal" is a relative term. So, relatively, I'm far from normal. Okay, maybe not too far, but far enough. The closest to what I can call myself, is an Empath. I feel emotions. And not just mine, but everyone's. From animal's to people's, and if inanimate objects could feel, I'm sure that I can detect that too. Each person has a marker...almost like a scent. Each person's emotion feels different. Once I feel a person's emotion, I can "feel" them out where ever they are. Sure helped while playing hide and seek. Anyway, I was basically a hound, but I didn't smell, I felt. But distance matters. I can't feel someone across the globe. But, I can feel them (if I concentrate real hard) across towns. But it is hard and tiring, and I have no initiative to do so.

I can also manipulate these emotions. I can make someone hate me, love me, want me, trust me..and what not? You name it, I can do it. But of course, I refrain from it. Enough mess without meddling in other person's emotions. But weirdly, somehow it works out that people trust me, unnaturally so. They automatically spill secrets I'd have died peacefully not knowing. Don't get me wrong, I treasure that people trust me, but really something that they tell me..you'd rather not know how cruel a human can be. I find myself gravitating towards the most tortured souls. The Empath in me wanting to cure their emotions, as they leak dispair, hatred and violence. I find myself holding their hands, taking in all the hurt that they pour out. They come out better, healthier, happier. Me? I fall sick for a day, while I detoxify all the negative emotions that they release. Not a very nice experience. I puke like a fish drinks.