Chapter 3: My Angel

(A/N) Hey, my lovlies! Another chapter! I'm on a roll today! 

Anyway, vote and comment guys, it would mean so very much. Sorry in advance for any and all typo's. Forgot to mention before, but all pictures are off the net. :D

Picture to the right is kinda how I imagined Sara to look. Note that these are just my imagination. They can look how ever your mind maks them look. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moment I woke up, I knew something was going to happen. Feelings of anticipation and excitement plagued me all freaking morning. While I brushed my teeth, took a bath and combed my hair out. I was jittery, and I didn't understand it. It was driving me insane. I was usually very balanced emotionally, and could go about my work with a peace of mind. Today? I was just...crazy.

Sara was pacing back and forth, muttering, but I couldn't concentrate on what my new friend was mulling over because the Empath in me seemed to be trying to tell me something and I just couldn't get it...and I was soon turning annoyed and irritated by the fact.

"Oh!" Sara burst out, suddenly.

I jumped onto the bed at her exclamation.

"What?!" I asked, looking around "Is it a rat? Because, if it is, I swear to God-"

"No, no." Sara said, shaking her head. "It's you."

I frowned, getting down from the bed, and sitting on it.

"What?" I asked.

"You're making me jittery." she said, grinning.

I sighed, rubbing my hands over my face. "Sorry, I'm so sorry."

I was transmitting my emotions outwards, accidentally. God, I was losing control, like some unpractised juvenile. I was eighteen, and controlled for Christ's sake! What is happening to me!?

"It's okay." she said, smiling, then she frowned, then added "You have a really strong wall up. Its like you broadcast only emotions out, when you want to. Its airtight. I can't get a read on what your thinking at all." 

"Thanks, I guess?" I said in response. She just grinned. "It's cool. I haven't seen many people with strong shields." 

I just shrugged. I needed strong shields. Without them, I'd undergo an emotional overload, causing splitting headache's before I give out, and my mind shuts down, and I pass out. Usually, after that my body takes a few hours to recuperate, but my powers take longer. So, for a few hours, I'm like every other normal person, before my Empath skills kick in. But without the Empath skills, I feel like I'm flying blind. Almost like, I'd lost my eyes. It sucks, and I hate it. So, I have airtight shields.

"How'd you figure it out?" I asked. 

I knew that Sara didn't know much about Empath's. She just knew stuff from the myth. I rolled my eyes mentally. Myths said that we practice black magic...I think some even said that we were like vampires-absorbing people of emotions for survival. Of course that was interpreted along the generations, into meaning that we couldn't walk in the light and had canine's the length of the Great Canyon. Please.

"Oh." she said, and as soon as I felt that all encompassing emotion, I knew her answer before she said it.

"Jeff told me." she said. His name came out with so much affection it was hard to smile.

I relaxed then, soothed by the emotion she was exuding.

"You have a telepathic connection with his mind?" I asked, surprised. I knew that one Telepath to another possess the ability to mind link and talk to one-another, from what I'd leant from mom, and researched from the books she owned. But I'd never read of it happening between a Telepath and a Shifter.