Chapter 4: More Than Anyone Else

I hope that you like this :D! Its chapter four and the picture to the right is an image of Jeff. Sorry in advance for any and all typo's ahead. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was feeling surprisingly comfortable despite the fact that I'd freaking blacked out due to an overload of emotions. In fact, I shouldn't really be able to think. I'm usually comatose for awhile. But I was able to think and I was warm and comfortable and...safe.

I was receiving a steady transmission of energy, as I focused in on it, I realized that three people had their hands on my head and were transferring energy into me. As soon as my Empathic powers kicked in, because I possessed enough energy now, emotions flooded in. I let out a low moan.

"Wake up, Kitten. Open those pretty eyes for me." a warm, familiar, husky voice cooed in my ear.

I tried to pull in my barriers. But they were stopped by something. God, if I didn't shield, I'd go under again. Cursing, I tried again, to no avail. There was something that wasn't allowing me to put distance between it and me. What the..?

I tried to feel it out. What was it? It was...some sort of bond. I realized it was like shutting a door with a strong wire in between. So, I shielded the bond as well, this would mean the person with whom I shared the bond  with, I would constantly feel their emotions, but anything outside that was fine.  Now that I was airtight, I snapped my eyes opened.

Three nurses had their hands on my forehead. As soon as I got up, they took their hands off and backed up.

"That was a lot of energy intake." one of them said. She had dark hair with highlights, a slim body and pretty blue eyes.

WHY was everyone so pretty here?

I nodded. "My Empathic powers need that to rejuvenate." I said, rubbing my hands over my face.

I looked around to see that the nurses room was...full. So many people, all of them were Shifters, save the three nurses, me and Sara, who was huddled in the corner along with Jeff, who was throwing dirty looks at someone.

I looked past the nurses to meet green, green eyes.

His eyes were soft as they assessed me. Then he walked closer, nodding at the nurses as they moved out of the way.

He sat on his hunches in front of me, lifting his hand and running his knuckles over my cheek again.

Emotion exploded within my barriers, encompassing the bond I seemed to share with this beautiful Shifter in front of me. I noticed that his marker was different in an animalistic sense to Jeff's. I think this Shifter was a tiger, whereas, Jeff was a wolf.

"You scared me, Kitten." He murmured.

I let out a huff. "Yeah, that must have been a pretty bad fall." I said, wondering why I wasn't hurting anywhere. I knew I fell. I must've landed somewhere on my body. Why wasn't I hurting? 

Usually by this time my ass, or my head, depending on who was feeling lucky that day, cushions my fall, and once I'm up and out of my stupor, they hurt like a female dog.

"Now, you've just made me mad." Nathan said.

Why do I know his name?

I blinked, trying to think past his hands that were now on my waist and my heart beat that was really loud to me, and look into his eyes. Even kneeling, he was a few inches taller.