Chapter 6

It has been five months since Aaron and I parted ways. I ended up staying at a small village just outside of the Neapolitan Villages. For the first few months, I stayed hidden in the forest and only went into the village when I needed food or any other materials. But I ended up getting caught by guards at night. So I had to grab my things and go.

I headed East for a while, then South until I reached this village by an ocean. It had a wall built around it and it looked like a good place to live. Maybe I can start over and have a job? Maybe I can even my own house?

I walked up to the gate and waited. A few moments later, a girl with raven black hair and amber eyes approached the gate. She looked strangely familiar.

"What is your business?" she asked.

"I was wondering if you would allow me to live in your village?"

"Of course! We always have room for one more person!" she said.

I couldn't help but smile. I was just too happy to finally call a place home. She motioned for a guard to open the gates.

"Come in! I can show you around if you like" she offered.

"Sure! I'd love that!" I said, "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Now that I think about it, you do look familiar," she said, getting a good look at me, "What's your name?"

"(Y/F/N)" I said.

We began walking towards a big stone house with a sign above the door saying "Phoenix Drop"

"Anyways, I would like to introduce you to my sons, Levin and Malachi," she said.

She opened the door and there were two boys sitting on the couch, talking. One had blonde hair with bright blue eyes and the other had brown hair with green eyes. They both looked up.

"Hey mom!" they said in unison.

"Hi, boys! I would like you to meet (Y/F/N)!" She said.

They both waved at me and I smiled shyly back.