Side Story (3): What do you mean LAVA on the FIRST FLOOR?! (Part 1)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Stars..." he replied as he pointed up.

After returning to his senses, he looked around and saw a lever on the wall. He wasn't so sure about just pulling it like that, so after he checked for traps, he used his boot and tossed it on top of it. The lever went down, and no other trap was activated. Nothing happened though, and the spike traps were still active.

"It must be a fake." he told us.

"Keep it like that." I told him.

My gut was telling me that there should be another lever at the end of the other corridor. Angius returned by making a power leap over the traps. He had enough strength to reach Medium Godlike Rank, but only in strength. Because of that, his Magic Energy couldn't reach the point where he could attempt to learn Godlike skills, but if he were to train his noggin long enough, he had a good chance of being able to.

On the other side was a similar path, but this time, Angius didn't need my help to get across. He pulled the lever in a similar fashion, and we heard the gate opening up behind us.

"It must have been a concealed gate." said Rufus.

"But those appear only after the 30th floor." noted Tuberculus.

I had to agree with him, the dungeon's first few rooms were quite unexpected, but they were fun!

Walking over to the opened door, we stopped and stared at the sight before us.

"That's lava, isn't it?" I asked.

"Yup, lava." replied Angius.

"Those are timed platforms above the lava, right?" I asked.

"Yup, timed platforms." replied Angius.

"Fascinating." said Rufus, who finally put away his book.

Lava, in any form or shape only appeared after floor 50, and it was quite rare too. Few dungeons made use of it, yet right in front of us, at the very first floor of the dungeon, we were staring at a pit of lava over 6 m in length. The only way across appeared to be by jumping on the timed platforms, but the door on the other side was hidden as well, and there was no lever in sight.

We stared at it for over a quarter of an hour, trying to figure out how to get across. Angius went back to the first room to see if we missed anything, but he couldn't find anything.

"Maybe it's an optical illusion, and the other side only appears to be blocked by a wall?" asked Tuberculus.

"You might be fooled by that, but not me..." I replied.

Well done, Illsy. This is quite hard. I thought, but I was sure to scold him as soon as we went back. This wasn't a dungeon for students barely handling beginner rank spells. Actually, even Master Rank adventurers would have had a problem with it.

"A hidden lever, maybe?" asked Rufus.

"Could be. I'll give it a try. My Magic Armor can withstand the heat of the lava better than yours." I offered.

"Please do, but look carefully for anything popping into view." Tuberculus told me.

I nodded and prepared myself for the first jump. When the platform appeared, I went for it. They retreated fast, but I was faster. Keeping my eyes open, I searched for the button, but didn't spot anything. When I reached the last platform, I jumped from it to the end. I couldn't hold onto the wall, so I jumped from it to the other one. I jumped once more and landed on the second platform. From it, I took a powerful leap and reached the starting location.

"Well?" asked Tuberculus.

"Nothing..." I told him.

It was frustrating, but I didn't give up. I tried three more times, but the result didn't change.