Chapter 29 || Year 4

Hermione's POV-

I grinned as I placed the jar that held the evil Skeeter in her Animagus form back in my bag; another problem, this time being why all of our secrets kept on becoming the daily news, solved.

I heard our compartment door open so I turned my head around, only to be met with the blonde haired slytherin and his two dumb friends.

"Very clever, Granger," Draco said in a mocking way.

He kept his gaze on me as he advanced into the compartment, a smirk on his face, his grey eyes looking mischievous. He averted his gaze to Harry instead, his smirk becoming slightly wider.

"So, you caught some pathetic reporter and Potter's Dumbledore's favourite boy again. Big deal." Draco chuckled menacingly.

Harry didn't react but narrowed his eyes at the trio, choosing not to retaliate, as was I.

"Trying not to think about it, are we? Trying to pretend it hasn't happened?" Draco mocked in a loud whisper.

"Get out," Harry demanded simply.

Draco looked over at me for a brief second, his eyes somehow turning from grey to a dark silver to a dark grey in under a second. He looked back over at Harry, pretending that the brief exchange between the two of us was just a figment of his imagination.

"You've picked the loosing side Potter! I warned you! I told you you ought to choose your company more carefully, remember? When we met on the train, first day at Hogwarts? I told you not to hang out with riff-raff like this!" He whipped his head around to us, his eyes glowing with rage and something else I couldn't work out, but the rest of his face was rid of any emotion other that arrogance, "Too late now, Potter! They'll be the first to go, now the Dark Lord's back! Mudbloods and Muggle-lovers first!"

Something about the way he said that so carelessly, almost as if he didn't care whether or not I was going to be killed in the upcoming years by people who hate wizards and witches like me, brewed an emotion I'd never felt before.

"-Well - second - Diggory was the f-"

I stood up in a record pace and let out a small growl as I shouted four hexes in a row at the arrogant blonde, watching in satisfaction as he widened his eyes in realisation when he saw multiple bursts of light flying towards him before he could even reach into his pocket to retrieve his wand.

I looked over at my two best friends, only to find that the both of them were standing up themselves, wands in their hands.

I smirked at the both of them before turning my head around to the door, watching as the Weasley twins walked into our now crowded compartment. Fred walked over to stand next to me in almost a protective way, which I adored him for. George just gave me a knowing look, causing a small pink tinge to appear on my cheeks, but I tried to act as if nothing was out of the ordinary.

"Thought we'd see what those three were up to," Fred explained to all of us.

"Interesting effect. Who used the Furnunculus curse? " George asked, looking down at Crabbe who had small tentacles growing on his face.

I drowned out the boys' conversation and looked out the window, feeling Fred step closer to me, but not making it awkward.

"Are you okay Hermione?" He asked, his blue eyes twinkling.

"Of course I am. They don't call me the brightest witch of our age for nothing," I grinned at the red head.

"Always using your titles as a comeback," Fred chuckled, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the three unconscious bodies.

"Well let's not leave them here, they don't add well to the decor," George said, moving Goyle into the hallway with his foot, Harry and Ron following suite.

Fred and I followed them out into the hallway, watching in amusement as the three slytherin's who looked absolutely horrible with the amount of hexes and jinxes that were thrown at them became even worse with the carelessness that was being used to take them out of our compartment.

But this time, I didn't care. Because this time, he deserved every bit of bad luck and every jinx that came coming his way.

"Just let me do this," I told Fred as I walked forward over to Draco's unconscious body.

I smiled sweetly at him and crouched down onto my knees so I was level with his ears.

"You've just used your last chance of redemption with me. I'm done with all this shit, so have fun. I don't want anything to do with you anymore," I whispered, making sure my back was turned to my friends as my eyes began to water from both anger and a small amount of sadness and regret without my consent.

I stood up and brought my foot up, stomping it down on his battered and bruised face, watching as a small trickle of blood slid out of his nose.

I turned around and walked back to my friends who were all looking at me with wide and surprised eyes but satisfied looks on their faces. I walked into the compartment and sat down, Fred sitting next to me.

"That was vicious Granger, but it was fucking cool," He grinned at me, causing me to chuckle an roll my eyes.

"He fucking deserved it, he's a prick," I simply said.

"Did Hermione Granger just swear twice in a sentence?" Fred gasped mockingly but jokingly.

"Oh shut up Fred," I laughed, playfully punching him in the arm.

He looked at me and smiled, his face almost hypnotising me by its perfectness. He interlocked his fingers with mine as I smiled back at him and leant against his chest and body for the remainder of the trip, ignoring George's knowing glare and smirk; ignoring Harry's awkward but happy one; ignoring Ron's silent but annoyed one. But the main think I was ignoring was my feelings for the popular slytherin.

I was done with having my heart broken by him most of the time I have an encounter with him. I knew that if I continued to get my hopes up to think that he'll turn nice to me every time he starts up a conversation I'll soon become miserable from being let down so often.

I smiled against the sixth year's muscular chest as he played with my brown curls. Even though we weren't dating, Fred Weasley has so much more to offer for me, and makes me so much more happier than I would with Draco Fucking Malfoy, the boy who I shed too many tears for. The feelings I had for him causing a complete havoc in my head, yet all he thinks about me is that I'm the buck-toothed, birds-nest, Mudblood bookworm.

And even though I may not be able to forget the uncontrollable feelings, I can ignore them and let my feelings for the particular Weasley twin overpower everything else.

Which is exactly what I plan to do, consequences or not.