Chapter 15 || Year 3

Hermione's POV-

I was walking to my next class, enjoying the piece and quiet, when I heard Draco's snickering behind me.

"Granger, how's Potter? Does he need to go to the hospital wing again because he fainted?" Draco snickered behind me.

I angrily turned around to face him, narrowing my eyes.

"Do you ever shut up Malfoy?" I spat.

"Whoa Granger, calm down." He smirked, putting up his hands.

"Ugh, you infuriate me so damn much." I groaned.

"Well maybe you shouldn't choose weak-ass friends who faint at the sight of a dementor." Draco retorted.

"You see, that's the thing. You tease Harry about fainting, yet Fred and George said that you were freaking out majorly when the dementor came near you!" I yelled.

"So? At least I didn't faint." He replied.

"This is what you don't understand. Harry didn't faint at the sight of the dementor, he fainted because he had to relive his darkest memory, which was when his parents were killed, right in front of him. But that doesn't explain why you were freaking out. Here you are, teasing and making fun of Harry for doing what an ordinary witch or wizard who has lived memories like him would do, when you were freaking out yourself!" I shouted actually.

"I was scared because I was scared for you Granger." He yelled above me, taking me by surprise.

"W-what?" I whispered.

"I was scared for your safety Hermione. All I was thinking about was you, and hoping that you would be safe." Draco smiled.

I brought by hand up to his cheek, watching as he flinched when I softly placed my hand on his smooth skin.

"Thank you," I grinned, "but you know me. I'm the brightest witch of our age, nothing can happen to me."

I brought my hand back down to my side and turned around, walking to transfiguration alone, leaving him standing there.