Chapter 2 || Year 1

Draco's POV-

I walked into the library to find Hermione sitting alone in the library, books stacked on either side of her. I smiled to myself as I walked over to her, sitting across from her.

She looked up from her book and gave a brief smile before looking back down, furiously scribbling things down on her parchment as she read.

I sat back and looked at her; the way her hair fell over her face as she leant down to write something and the way her forehead creases ever so slightly when she reads.

"You know Draco, you shouldn't stare, some people say it's rude." She said, not looking up.

"Well do you think it's rude?" I asked her.

"Not when it's you." I heard her mutter, a blush evident on her cheeks.

"Is that so?" I smirked.

"I..uh.." She stuttered.

"It's okay, because I enjoy staring at you." I chuckled.

She looked up and grinned, my face mirroring hers.

She returned to her book and began to write again, and I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"What?" She looked up, her eyebrow raised.

"I'm just admiring how much you love to your homework. What's it for anyway?" I asked.

"Transfiguration. It's really quite easy." She responded.

I nodded and pulled out some parchment from my bag, asking if I could borrow one of her books so I could start on my own transfiguration homework.

"She's definitely mental. Look at her, hanging out with Malfoy." A voice snickered.

Both our heads shot up to see who said that, only to see Weasley and Potter walking past.

"Don't worry. They're just jealous because you're so much smarter than them." I smiled, turning back around to face Hermione, who had sunk down in her chair, hurt written across her face.

She smiled briefly and reached across to grab my hand.

"Thank you." She whispered before letting go, once again returning to her homework.

I just sat there frozen, admiring how her touch could send so many sparks through my body.