4: Realization Hits Hard

Start from the beginning

"It'sCharlie that needs to eat more so he will be taller!" That'sBraiden, he loves to teased me.

"Yes,Auntie, look at him, he's so short!" Brandon smirkedmischievously. These twin always teased me because they're just ayear older than me but I'm much shorter than them. I only stands4'2" while they're 5'1" already.

Maybebecause I don't like to drink Cherifer!

"Auntie,is Charlie already circumcised?" Ashton asked.

"C-Cir-sum-size? What's that?" I asked, looking at Aunt Bertie. I can'tpronounce it all right. It's a long word. His eyes widens and seemsbewildered for a while as we are all looking at him, waiting for hisresponse.

"He'sprobably not, that's why he's still short!" Kuya Bradley toldus instead pokerfaced as usual; as Auntie was not responding.

"Iwant to be cir-sum-size too, so I will grow taller!" Stilllooking at Auntie Bertie.

"You'restill so young Charlie. You need to pronounce the word circumcisedright first and spell it correctly before you can be circumcised." Kuya Austin was laughing at me. Well, its hard to pronounce it! I'm not so good in longer words and worst in spelling.

Itried to say it again. "Cir-sum-sized! Cirsumsized!" They all laughed at me and I pouted.

"Stopit boys, just eat! Then, take a little rest before you shower!"Aunt Bertie told us.

"Let'sshower together, Charlie. So. I'll tell you if you're ready to becircumcised." Ashton asked smirking.

"Hep,hep, hep. . . NO! Charlie is not ready for circumcision yet! Dropthis topic, boys!" Aunt Bertie said annoyed. He arched hisleft eyebrow to us and pouted his fuller lips with lipstick.

"Whenshould I be ready for cir-sum-si-tion? What are they doing in it?" I'm too curious to know because I want to grow taller like mycousins.

"Thedoctor is just going to remove the foreskin of your birdie, it's areligious rites as Christian and for the good health for boys!" Kuya Bradley explained, he always has answer to everything. He'sthe one helping me with my assignment.

Mybirdie? It's still hiding on my slit! My wound is still notrestored but it never hurts. That's why I don't come with them inthe toilet anymore.

Iasked Aunt Bertie about it once but he said that I'm special. That'sit!

WhenI started school, my teachers are calling me on my first name,Chantal. They said its a girl name but I told them to just call meCharlie and I am a boy. I used Charlie ever since. Chantal onlyexists in my records.

Idon't know why Mom name me Chantal. Is she desperate to have adaughter? And I'm a boy. Is that the reason why she died? If onlyDad talks to me.

"Isaid drop the topic now, boys!" Aunt Bertie yelled a bit! All ofus was astonished. Its very seldom that Aunt Bertie gets mad. He'salways happy like a clown.

So,we quietly finished our breakfast. Instead of taking a rest, we wentto the backyard to the backyard to practise basketball for our gamelater this afternoon.

Ihad the ball and ready to shoot it at the three point area but Ashtonjumped high to block it and because of the close distance between us,he accidentally kicked me in my abdomen.

Ifell to the ground, grunting in pain. "Arrgghh!" Myabdomen's hurting so much and I feel that something was coming out ofmy private. Did I peed on my underwear?

Butits a different kind of pain than simply kicking. It's likesomething was crushing from the inside of my abdomen. It's not fromkicking!

"Whathave you done to him, Ash! He's bleeding!" I heard KuyaBradley's andry voice! I feel, he wrapped his arms on my back andlegs and carried me inside the house while he was calling Aunt Bertiefor help. He was a nurse.

Helaid me on my bed as per Aunt Bertie's instruction, all my cousinsfollowed worriedly! Aunt, asked Kuya Adrian to get a glass of waterand some pain reliever on the medicine cabinet.

"Charlie,sorry, Charlie!" I heard Ashton keeps on apologizing and he'scrying already. Probably he's so worried to me. I would like to sayit's okay but I can't. . . my still in so much pain.

"It'snot your fault, Ash!" Aunt Bertie told him. "Go out boys, Itake care of Charlie."

"Ishe gonna be okay?" Brandon voiced choked a bit.

"Dowe need to call 9-1-1?" Braiden asked so worried.

"Noneed. It's just normal. I'll explain to you later boys." Auntsaid to my cousin, giving them assurance that I gonna be okay!

KuyaAdrian came with a glass of water and a lot of medicine. Aunt lookfor the medicine and gave me one tablet. He said it's for painreliever. He asked my cousins to go out again.

Whenwe're alone, he asked me if I'm still in pain and asked me to take awarm shower.

Thepain subsided a little especially when I took a warm shower and themedicine took effect. At the shower, I saw a lot of blood from mywound. It's bleeding but it didn't hurt. The pain comes from insidemy abdomen.

Auntasked me to wear an underwear with a red face towel folded on it andhe secured it by safety pins. I am bewildered. "What is thisfor? Why am I bleeding? Where did all the blood come from? Am Igonna die like my mom, Aunt?" It's the first time happened tome and I'm so worried.

"No.. . no, Charlie. Remember I told you, you're special?" Inodded but I don't understand.

"Theblood came out from your private part." He pointed to mybirdie that's already covered by the brief with towel inside and I abasketball short on top. "But don't worry, it's normal for thegirl like you to have a menstruation or others called it a monthlyperiod."

Myeyes popped and my mouth turned a big O in astonishment. "Girl? Me? Me-mens-trua-tion? But I'm a boy, Aunt! I'm not a girl!" We did not study the Family Life in school yet as it will be inGrade 5. Brandon mention that a girl who has stained in her skirtgot her menstruation, when we we're playing on the gym.

"It'syour Daddy's fault to treat you like one of the boys. But Charlie,you're a girl. A very beautiful girl."

Iburst out crying. "No. Auntie, I'm not a sissy like you!"

"You'renot a sissy, silly! You're a REAL girl, darling!" He saidsweetly while combing my long hair.

"Who'sthe real girl, Auntie?" All my six cousins are sneaking at thedoor. Aunt asked them to come inside.

"OurCharlie's a real girl now, she just got her first monthly period!" Just like me, they popped their eyes and dropped their jaws! Someone pick-up the rolling eyes on the floor!

"CHARLIE'SA GIRL???" They've asked in unison.

18.06.2016/22:06 | 11.07.2016

*|*|*|*|*|*

A/N: InCharlie's case, she didn't expect it! Maybe even the real girl arequite nervous when we got our first monthly period. Did you agree?

Pleaseleave your comment. Press the star to vote. And click the rectanglewith arrow up to share.

Can I askfor TEN votes for next UD?

Thank you,my dear!

LightGiver

*|*|*|*|*|*