the difference between darkness without blindness and blindness without darkness

It was all my fault. That's what I told myself as I moved through the dark, cold corridor, driven only by instincts.

The floor started to creak.. I got used to it as I did with the flashlight flicker. My eyelids were getting heavier and heavier but I had to go on. I'd risked to much to back off at this point.

The flashlight started to become dimmer as the corridor seemingly became deeper.
The flashlight twitched. It turned off moments after. I threw it to the ground

It was dark. It was getting colder. I closed my eyes I got down to touch the wooden floors with both hands, and put my hand out to the wall. It felt as if I could see where to go but with no light.

I heard a cry in the corridor. It was calling me in through the distance. I got up and ran. But then I stopped suddenly. I realized what was happening. I was Blind. I reluctantly kept running to what I feared. Because I knew that even though it may not be an advantage, I knew that something would change.

I opened my eyes knowing that there was darkness and it wouldn't make much of a difference. But it felt like the thing to do, as if I knew what should happen. Something started to glow in the distance, so walked slowly to the floor which returned to it's habit of creaking.

It was my flashlight shining on a note. I picked up the flashlight to read the note. It read

"you have been here before. You must remember. Those who refuse to remember their pasts are condemned to repeat it"

I remember that quote. Maya Angelou. I read it out loud in a book when I was younger. Where was I?

I remembered. It was all coming back to me. It was my childhood home.. But the accident.... Everything was destroyed. But not the underground tunnels. I remember now. It was all going to be okay as long as I kept on moving.

It was until a while later my theory failed. My vision started to blur out and become darker. After I thought it was the flashlight I started to realize that even the flashlight itself was blurred.

I collapsed to the wall. Slowly I see a figure emerge from the far away depths of the corridor. He came closer. My vision was still suffering more and more until he came closer. I had a glimpse of him opening a mouth full of teeth. I was once again Blind.

I wake up shocked. I jump out of bed to the relief of it all being a bad nightmare and everything would be okay. But then again I was wrong. I went downstairs to find a note on the dinner table saying my family was going on vacation. It was written by mom, i could tell with those Xs and Os at the bottom right corner.

But everything was wrong. It was all wrong. This wasn't my home. My mother isn't alive. It's all wrong

I wake up from the worst dream I've ever had. It was normal. But then I wanted to go back to my old home. I got a train ticket and left for home. Little did I know what awaited.

I got there exhausted and I got a room in a nearby hotel. I slept from 8PM all the way until... I actually don't know.

But I woke up in a cold corridor. The chills down my spine. The heavy eyelids and the flickering torch in my hand. There I laid on the cold wooden floor. And I refused to get up. I knew where I was again. It was the corridor I never wanted to stroll through again.