Chapter 18

June's Pov

I was walking to first hour when suddenly somebody ran smack into me, causing me to fall on the ground. I heard somebody frantic above me as my world was spinning around and when I sat up, I looked at the one person that could make my heart stop cold. Those beautiful green hues looked torn as if she wanted to comfort me but run away at the same time. I just stared at her taking her all in as she stood up slowly and held her hand out to take mine. I gently put my hand in hers feeling my body warm up like every time I touch her and she pulled me to my feet before muttering sorry and stumbling off.

I watched her walk away it took everything I had not to just stride down this long boring hallway and wrap the girl of my dreams in my arms. I waited till the bell rang before I actually made my way to class dreading that she will be there. It breaks my heart every time I have I see her angelic face knowing I let my heart go so easily. I walked in slowly, as the teacher glared at me and I just took my seat, doing everything but looking at the gorgeous face I knew was staring at me.

The class took forever to pass and I kept glancing at the clock. After all my classes I was excited that it was finally gym time. I was the first one in there and I changed into my shorts and Tshirt before headed out to warm up. I was running the indoor track when the gym teacher called me over and told me that it was my turn to clean up the locker room so I got out of class for the day. I made my way into the lockers were I heard a sound that melted my heart.

The sobbing was pretty quiet but I recognized it as soon as I heard it. "Kate?" I whispered mostly to myself. I found her knees to her chest, on the floor crying. I rushed over to her and wrapped my arms around her, causing her to sob even harder then before. I pulled away slowly and ran up to grab some paper towels and a wet rag, but I return as quick as my body would let me. I handed her the paper towels and I took the rag to wipe her face up.

"Why-are-you-being-nice-to-me?" She sobbed our before blowing her nose. I just looked at her and smiled.

"Because I care, and no matter how much we hate each other now it's not going to change." I answered honestly. She looked me in the eyes trying to read my expression before lunging forward and crushing her sweet lips to mine. They worked together in sync perfectly, her lips were as soft and sweet as I imagined. She pulled back to breathe and softly set our heads together before whispering "sweetie I've never hated you."

I stared into her eyes and brought my lips to hers again. "I'm sorry," she whispered nuzzling her head into my neck. "I'm so sorry," Kate cried harder tightening her grip on me. I rubbed circles on her back pulling her closer. Her breathing finally slowed down and got deeper. Kate fell asleep on me, in the middle of the locker room. I placed a soft kiss on her temple before shaking her awake.

"I'm sorry too babe, lets leave school a little early and get something to eat." She looked at me and smiled a small sleepy smile before nodding her head in agreement. I couldn't help but melt at the badass being so vulnerable.