Chapter 6

June Pov

I was sitting in my room cross legged on my bed listening to music when I heard a sudden crash. I pulled my headphones out and listened closer and noticed arguing. Sarah knocked on my door, opening it. I was hit by the smell of alcohol and already knew Erick was here. Instant fear ran through my body as Sarah spoke up "June sweetie can you go get Lily?" I just nodded my head and took off out my patio door.

I walked around helplessly trying to figure out where she would be and as I was walking up to the front door I heard voices. I followed the voices to a blue barn, finding Lily standing there and I called her name. She of course was her usual self and was irritated at my presence until I told her Erick was there. Lily started introducing me to the people around us who I forgot were standing there.

The girl was staring at me with a look in her eye I couldn't read. Besides this girl's hard exterior she was beautiful, I smiled sweetly at her and turned my attention to the boy. I love kids, but they are a handful. Lily was pretty much forcing me to stay with strangers over being in the same house as Erick. Erick is my moms ex-boyfriend and he has a thing for me. I couldn't keep my eyes off this Kate girl if she cleaned herself up a bit she'd be drop dead sexy. I think she might have a thing for Lily which is not good I should warn her about Lily but I'm too scared she won't listen.

"Come on I can show you my kittens too!" She smiled at me as we walked out.

"Uh I think my mom told me if a stranger ever offered me to see there kitties to run away for help but in this case I might want to see this girls kitty." I grinned at her. Oh my god I did not just say that, I can't believe it Lily would be proud! I could tell she stopped in shock but she caught up to me before leading me to her room.

I stood there awkwardly until she gestured me to her bed where I sat and watched her move around the room. That is until I heard a tiny mew and looked down at the box on the floor. A smile lit up on my face as I reached down and lifted the little black and white one up I was drawn to him from the start. He mewed again and his mommy jumped on my lap checking to see if her baby was okay.

"That baby pussy is Frosty, and the momma is Kiara." A voice spook in front of me. I jumped slightly as I realized Kate was standing right in front of me smiling.

"I like Frosty," I told her setting him back down with the rest. Kate sat down besides me facing me as she set down two folders.

"I can't choose between these two horses," she told me with a sigh. I studied both folders one was a western Mustang/Quarter Horse and the other was an english Appaloosa.

I closed both folders and handed her one she opened it and smiled "Kangaroo Jack, the westerns best!" I laughed and she replied

"Alright lets get this folder to my dad!" We both got off the bed and went to find her dad.