Alessio was most at home when he was wearing sweat pants and a wife beater.  No socks, no shoes, not even underwear.  Running his hands through still damp hair, he just let it be, not worrying about it because he knew that Cheri loved his hair like that.

"There's my rocker chic" he called out playfully as Cheri made her way to him.  Throwing her arms around his neck, she commented "And don't you forget it!"

Making their way downstairs, Alessio's men were gathered in the kitchen eating and drinking.  "Hey Cheri" they all called in unison while Alessio got "Boss."  Cheri smiled at them, making their day.  "Hey guys!"  "You gonna play?" Salvatore asked.  She nodded.

"Heading down right now" she said.  Cheri felt Alessio's possessive hand in the middle of her back as they walked towards the stairs that led to the basement.  She guessed the men had somewhat relaxed schedules over the weekend.

Picking up her guitar and making sure it was still tuned, she plugged in her phone and picked Sammy Hagar Three Lock Box.  It had great guitar riffage and solo so it was an easy one to play.  Happy with her quick run-through she was ready.

Pushing play on her phone, the song started immediately and it didn't take her long to get into it, then she played some AC/DC, Metallica, Judas Priest, Dio, just to name a few.  She also added a few classic rock tunes from Jimi, to Janis, Zeppelin and some others.  

After working up a good sweat and having a blast playing, Cheri was through.  She was tired and ready to be in bed with Alessio.  Ever since this morning, she couldn't get how he made her feel out of her mind.  If she could bottle that and sell it, she would be rich for sure.

"They adore you, you know" Alessio said quietly as they made their way upstairs.  "Well, I happen to think they're pretty great too" she smiled.  

Taking off her shoes, socks and jeans, Cheri crawled into bed and patted Alessio's spot.  Removing just his tank shirt, he climbed in bed and pulled her into his arms.

Kissing her head several times, he lifted her chin so he could look into her lovely green eyes.  "I really care for you, Cheri.  It's amazing just in the few days that I've known you how much you have changed me."  She felt her heart quicken at his words.

"I will stop at nothing to keep you safe" he added.  "I know you will, Alessio.  I trust you when you say it and I believe it" she told him.  

"I met with your father today" he started off telling her.  He felt her body stiffen but she didn't move.  There was a change in her breathing, so he made the decision to tell her everything quickly.

"He's dying, Cheri.  Lung cancer.  He knows that you are with me now and that you are not a fling.  As a matter of fact, I told him the party I'm having next week is to introduce you as my significant other" Alessio let this soak in before he continued.

She sighed, said nothing so he spoke again.  "He is leaving everything to you.  In other words, his empire, such as it is, his men, his business...everything, will be yours."

Cheri removed herself from his arms, laid on her back with her head facing the end of the bed.  "Alessio, I want nothing to do with him.  I told you this.  The thought of him makes me sick.  I'm sorry he's dying, truly I am but he made my mother miserable and he made me miserable and he took away the only happiness I thought I would ever have, until I met you."

"Baby, you don't have to be sad for him and I want you to know that you won't have to deal with any of his whatever he's leaving to you.  He's already made me promise to handle all of this for you and I will.  Plus, when the time comes, and you are ready, I want to ask you to be my wife" Alessio laid it all out and he's never felt so open and vulnerable.

Reaching over, he picked up a tiny box from his bedside table.  He noticed Cheri's eyes when she saw it.  "Don't freak out" he said laughing.  "This is only symbolizing that I promise to be true and faithful to you and that when the time comes, you will wear my actual engagement ring.  Will you allow me to put this on your finger, Cheri?" he asked.

Cheri nodded slowly as she watched him slip the crown shaped ring onto her right ring finger

Cheri nodded slowly as she watched him slip the crown shaped ring onto her right ring finger.  "For my queen" he said kissing her hand once the ring was safely on.  "It's beautiful" she whispered.  "Not as beautiful as you" he replied.

"Make love to me" she breathed.  It was slow and beautiful, their act nor was it rushed or hurried as they both found themselves lost in each other.