Chapter 1

Cheri watched their tour bus pass many well known landmarks as they made their way back into Jersey. Her and the band had been gone on a seven month tour all over the US and some European countries as the #2 band on the billing, opening up for the headliners.

Lemmy, their driver, announced that they would be pulling into Chains soon. Wow, ten years ago, at the tender age of twenty-one, Cheri started out as a bartender at Chains and when one of the scheduled bands didn't show, her boss gave her band the opportunity they'd been hoping for.

Not only did it put the club on the map, it catapulted Guardian, Cheri's band, into the spotlight. They were signed immediately and then began doing little touring dates around the East coast. The more money they brought in from those gigs, the record company would add a few more states to their tour.

Soon they were covering the entire US. Cheri and her band mates lived for the life. The one thing they stayed away from was the 'drugs' in the Sex, Drugs and Rock-n-Roll mantra. They'd seen what drugs did to people and they weren't having it. Especially as hard as they had worked, no way man.

"Cheri" Lemmy called out to her. "Yeah babe?" she answered. "We're here. The guys are already starting the load in. You want I should go and find the manager?" he asked, stretching. She shook her head. "No I got it. Thanks though. Take a break, dude. That was a long ass drive" she advised him.

Standing up and stretching herself, Cheri checked her reflection in the mirror that hung by the bathroom door. She was a natural red head with porcelain skin, green eyes and tats.

That was the thing that people could never get used to when they first met her. The tattoos. She had full sleeves down both arms, angel wings on her back and right below the wings were the words Mi Famiglia. They were placed there so no one could see them. Those words were between her and her alone.

She wore a pink tank shirt that was adorned with a feminine looking skull sporting a huge pink bow, strategically torn stone washed skinny jeans and Doc Marten boots. Swishing her mouth out with a little mouth wash and a spritz of perfume, she was ready.

Stepping from the bus, she took a look around. "At least the new management fixed that God forsaken parking lot" she said out loud. The club looked totally different on the outside. It actually looked like someone cared.

Mickey, the previous owner, it's not that he didn't care, he just didn't have the money to sink into the outward or inward appearance of the club. If he could pay his employees, keep a good sound system and pay the bands, that's all he cared about.

Slowly making her way inside, she was immediately halted by a giant of a man. Now she wasn't exactly short, standing at five foot five, but this man seriously dwarfed her. He was wearing a black tailored suit, white dress shirt and tie. He had dark black hair and eyes that almost looked black themselves.

"May I help you, miss?" he asked politely. Cheri stuck out her hand. "I'm Sixx. The club's entertainment for tonight" she said smiling. He reciprocated with the handshake. "Well, Ms. Sixx it's a pleasure to meet the person that put Chains on the map. Come this way and I will introduce you to Mr. Castellano. He's been eagerly awaiting your arrival" the Philistine said.

Following him through the club, Cheri definitely picked up on a lot more changes and they were awesome! Better sound booth, the stage looked like it had been redone, there were a couple of more bars added along the walls, plus paint and lots of framed rock-n-roll memorabilia.

"Jake here will get whatever you would like to drink. I'll be back shortly" the bouncer told her. "Wow! The Sixx is sitting at my bar!" exclaimed the bartender excitedly. Cheri just grinned at stuck out her hand. "Nice to meet you Jake" she said. "What can I getcha?" he asked. "Just a Perrier with lots of lemon please. I don't drink before a gig" she said tapping the side of her nose.

"Intelligent as well as beautiful" said a dark, rich and slightly accented voice to her right. Turning on her bar stool, she took in the man before her. He was a tall drink of water! He was well over six feet tall, very built, dark wavy hair and little bit of a five o'clock shadow, but he totally rocked the look.

Sticking her hand out, Cheri introduced herself. "Mr. Castellano, I'm Sixx. Thank you so much for the opportunity of letting us come back here for our final show." Taking her hand in his, he brought it slowly to his lips. Holy shit! The sparks that came from that contact was downright uncomfortable but exciting at the same time.

"Please call me Alessio" he directed. "Sure, Alessio" she said, loving how his name sounded on her lips. They kind of ignored everyone else around them as they continued to just stare at each other. Finally Cheri broke whatever spell that was spinning in the air.

"Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself" she said. "I need to go help set up equipment and do an initial soundcheck. We'll do one more two hours before the show." She turned to go when Alessio asked her if he could stay for soundcheck. She smiled, while looking him up and down and then replied "It's your club but yeah, you can stay."

Walking slowly back to the stage, she knew he was watching her, she could feel everyone's eyes on her. She stopped and looked at her band, her family. Apollonia was her bass guitarist and backing vocals. She was a short little thing, barely five foot but with her "Abby" goth boots it gave her the height she needed.

Larue LeBeaux, her Louisiana boy, he was her guitarist and backing vocals as well, Tiger on drums and last but not least was Boss Mechanix their lead guitarist. They were all tatted up, liked the same music and somehow the fates brought them all together. Cheri was glad to have them in her life. It would be very boring without them.

"Testing 1, 2,3" Cheri said through the mic. "Can I get a little more monitor?" she asked sweetly. "Sure babe" the sound engineer called out. After a few adjustments, everyone's mics were good to go.

Picking up her cherry colored Ibanez, she started warming it up and running through the scales quickly. Satisfied with that, she jumped down off the stage and stood at the back of the bar, playing a quick rendition of Live Wire by Motley Crue. Happy with how that sounded, she headed back for the stage. She had one more thing, voice warm up.

With everything and everyone getting as quiet as a mouse, you could hear a pin drop inside the club. Cheri stood at the mic stand and put her index fingers in her ears and going totally acapella, she started singing Ava Maria in fluent Italian. This had been her warm up song from day one.

When she closed her eyes and started singing, she blocked everyone out and she let the words wash over her. Before she knew it the song was over. Slowly opening her eyes she became instantly aware that a lot more people were in the club than she remembered.

The main person looking at her was Alessio Castellano. He had made it to his feet and was surrounded by five of his men, including Jake the bartender. They all had their mouths hanging open. Looking at Boss she asked "Well?" He just shook his head and grinned. "Like you need to ask, Sixx?" Okay so she blew everyone away. People always judged how she looked on the outside and this was her way of making them take another look.