31.2

New cover y'all 🤗

I tried to get this out last night but I was editing it and realized 75% of this chapter would sound better in omniscient POV. So I had to change all pronouns n other grammar shit.

Y'all enjoy 😊😊😊

Cydney Michaels

"August are you gonna eat today?" I asked as I pushed the cracked door open.

I didn't receive an answer so I just entered.

We'd arrived back from the amusement park two days ago. We didn't cut the trip short because the girls were in total disappointment when I brought up that we might have to cut it short so I left it alone. August didn't protest, he just stayed at the hotel while the rest of us were out at the park.

I didn't want to leave August alone but I knew he wanted to be. He played the sick card to his nieces, barely talking to them and me as well. Although me and T understood, they didn't. The trip ended with the three of them on bad terms with him.

I've come to find out that August wasn't the type to let hisself go fully. He'd showered and did his thing, moving silently between the studio or his quiet room, but he didn't want to eat, sleep or be bothered.

I also discovered he dealt with his emotions and mourning differently. First he was angry; throwing things, yelling and being indenial. Next came the silent treatment which I was experiencing now; no talking other than a few basic words and head nods, ignoring the ones that want to help.

I expected him to drink excessively as well as smoke but he didn't, or maybe we hadn't reached that stage yet, but hopefully it wouldn't happen.

August had been my main priority the past few days. But when I got tired of being ignored, I'd leave or take my time coming back here.

Recently, I've been looking for a building to turn into my own studio but nothing seems to fit what I want. I wasn't trying to buy right now, but I wanted a little motivation.

When I wasn't doing that, I was either at work or taking care of my son (Thor). Today, I chose to bring Thor and see his daddy.

He never left his side when he was around August and always seem to forget about me, his own mother. But, August seemed more happier when he was beside him with his head in his lap as he stroked his fur every now at then.

Occasionally, I would catch August talking to him and Thor would do the cutest thing when he's turned his head at the sound of his voice like he was really listening and understood him.

August sat at the edge of the windowsill, one of his few spots he picked to mourn his loss. Thor ran past me into the room, pawing at August's legs for him to acknowledge him.

August simply scratched his head and that pleased Thor enough for him to hop down and lay at his feet.

I leaned against the wall with the window, in front of him, "How does Chicken Parmesan and some pasta sound for dinner tonight?"

"I'm not hungry." He glanced at me through his sunglasses.

I rolled my eyes at him and removed them from his face, "And you wonder why your eyesight is already horrible m." I mumbled as I folded them.