Part 2

"What do you mean you're not auditioning?" Dinah sits up on Camila's bed, almost causing a bag of chips to fall to the floor.

It's the Monday after the Breakfast Club cast party. The Monday after the kiss and the impossible rejection that happened afterwards. They haven't talked since.

Camila lets out a heavy sigh. "I don't know if I can."

Dinah scoffs. "Of course you can. I know you can sing. You'd be perfect for a musical."

Camila closes her eyes, knowing Dinah totally doesn't understand why she can't.

"I'm too nervous," to be around Lauren.

"That's not an actual reason. Everyone's nervous."

She doesn't respond.

"Please, Camila. It's Grease. You've been obsessed with this movie your whole life. Please, please, please."

"I'll think about it."

-

That night, when Dinah's gone, Camila gets a text from Lauren. It's as scary as the first time.

Lauren: I'm sorry.

Camila doesn't reply.

Five minutes later, Lauren sends a screenshot of This by Ed Sheeran at 0:51.

With a hammering heart, Camila finds the song on her phone, but this time there's less excitement because she knows how Lauren played this game before.

She plays the song at 0:51.

"You are the one who'd make me lose it all. You are the start of something new."

She smiles and almost cries.

Camila: It's okay.

-

Later that night, Camila is listening to Ed Sheeran because of Lauren, and she comes across a song that reminds her of the green eyed girl– more than the others did.

"You got the kind of look in your eyes as if no one knows anything but us."

She sends a screenshot of Tenerife Sea at 0:41 before she realizes she's a piece in Lauren's game again.

Camila cries herself to sleep because Lauren's getting to her and she's letting it happen.

-

The next day at school, it's Tuesday. Camila knows that the first day of auditions for Grease are after school, and a dozen people from theatre have asked her if she's auditioning, and she's said no every single time. She fled the scene before any of them could try to convince her.

It's lunch time, and Camila's at her usual lunch table with Dinah. Troye, Shawn, and Ally all occupy the table as well. Not much conversation is going on because Dinah, Shawn, and Ally have ran out of things to say to convince Camila to audition, and Troye knows Camila's hurting over Lauren. However, he doesn't know about the kiss yet. No one does.

In the midst of their awkward small talk, Lauren comes up to their table and greets the whole group. They all greet her excitedly and happily, except for Camila, because everyone loves Lauren.

"Are you guys coming to auditions today?" She only looks at Camila.

Camila stares back as everyone else nods their heads.

"Camila? Will you be there?"

She's been asked this a billion times today, but this is the first time that Camila has actually considered it.