Photos and References

Start from the beginning

When Baekhyun slid open the door, he cooed Nugget to go in first, which he did, and followed after. He was about to sing his greetings to everyone, but then he noticed a tall figure—if not taller than Chanyeol—who was just as eye catching as Chanyeol—though, the longer Baekhyun stared at this guest, the more he was convinced that Chanyeol had the better looks.

The guy, at first, looked at him as if he was uninterested, but then his eyes widened and his mouth opened as if he was about to say something. Baekhyun figured that he was just a little slow at greeting, so he smiled at the man. "Hi!"

"Um...Hello."

Kyungsoo seemed flustered. He motioned for Baekhyun to enter the house and immediately go to his room, but Kris stopped him. "I'm Kris. What's your name?"

"Baek—"

Baekhyun didn't get to answer Kris fully because Chanyeol forced him inside, sending him stumbling in. Chanyeol looked a little freaked out, worried that words and information were exchanged in the precious seconds that he was trying to catch up.

"Go to your room and change," Chanyeol ordered, giving Baekhyun a small push. "Take the dog with you."

Baekhyun frowned at him before cocking his head in the house guest's direction. "But I need to answer that guy's ques—"

"I told you not to talk to him," Chanyeol said in a low voice, just enough for only Baekhyun to hear. "Now go."

"Fine..." Baekhyun looked down at Nugget and whispered for him to follow. Shuffling his way past the tall stranger, Baekhyun smiled and continued to walk his way to his room, humming as he went.

When Chanyeol was completely sure that Baekhyun was gone, he focused his attention in on Kris. "How was your trip here?"

"Just fine," Kris muttered, completely distracted by the previous scene. "Chanyeol, that guy—"

"Let's talk in the work room," Chanyeol interrupted. "I don't want to talk about this here."

"Don't we all already know about Baekhyun, though?" Kyungsoo piped from the kitchen.

Sehun, who was watching television with Kai, turned his head at the older adults talking. "What about Baekhyun?"

Chanyeol thinned his lips and gave Kyungsoo a look. "All of us? I don't think so." Then, in a quieter voice, he added, "I'd rather keep Sehun out of this for now. He might slip up."

Knowing the amount of time Baekhyun spent with Sehun—trailing him outside to talk to him as he watered everything—Kyungsoo knew that Chanyeol had a point—a very minor point. "Do you need anything to take with you?"

"No," Chanyeol said as he began to walk from the main living space.

"Actually, would you mind bringing a bottle of water to the room, Kyungsoo?" Kris asked, even though he knew he didn't have to. Kyungsoo would do it because that was his job—at least he worked there and therefore had to do as he was asked.

"Not at all," Kyungsoo answered back with a forced smile.

"Thanks, doe eyes," Kris said as he passed by Kyungsoo. Chanyeol didn't seem to hear the remark, but Kris didn't intend on him ever hearing it either.

"So," Kris started as he set his bags on the floor and sat on Chanyeol's metal stool near his work bench. "Byun Baekhyun, huh? What, Chanyeol, did you just want to wipe out the competition completely by kidnapping him?"

"Stop it," Chanyeol said as he closed the door behind him. "I didn't kidnap him. He—"

"He's been missing for quite a while," Kris continued. "And he didn't look too—what's the word I'm looking for—oh, I know—distraught? Sad? Upset? No, you couldn't have kidnapped him. He didn't look the part of a captive to me."