Chapter Five: Tell Me a Lie

Start from the beginning

I was going to fix it.

Since when are you so compassionate? 

I kept my focus on the pucks in front of me as they glide against the smooth surface of the ice from my stick, I picked one up and threw it over the glass. I laughed when I saw the group of girls who caught freak out, I smiled at them then went back to the tunnel to the dressing room, Jamie was right in front of me adjusting her ponytail, she stood there in silence besides the loud cheering of the crowd and the music that played. She didn't know I was behind her until she turned around.

"Excuse me." I spoke softly, loud enough for her to hear.

"Oh, sorry." Jamie responded blankly as she stepped aside.

She pushed a loose end of her hair behind her ear and looked down at her feet as I walked past her.

Jamie didn't fight, she didn't yell, she didn't give me a death stare. It wasn't like her at all, Mason really broke her.

I made my way back into the dressing room and stood beside Patrick.

"Hey, Sharpy." I whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Does Jamie seem off?"

"Hm," Patrick shrugged and leaned over to look at Jamie. "She isn't as bubbly like she always is."

"Do you think it's because of the breakup?"

"Could be."

~Fast Forward~

It was a tough loss against the New York Rangers, six to three. We were really off our game tonight, the locker room was quiet and somber as everyone was getting ready to head home, Jamie was in the women's locker room so I haven't seen her since earlier tonight.

I snuck out of the dressing room to go and find out to make sure she was okay, something was telling me that she was going through a lot.. You could see it on her face.

"Where are you going?" I heard Jonathan's voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Nowhere.." I lied as I turned to face him.

I was hoping he wouldn't figure out where I was really going.

"Peeks, she's going through a lot right now."

Dammit..

"I know, Jonny, but this is my chance."

"Patrick, this isn't some girl you can just fuck and then throw her in the garbage. She's a person with feelings and right now she's a little broken." Jonathan stated with his captain attitude setting in.

He was right though... I hated when he was right.

"So what am I suppose to do?"

"Give her some time to heal and then you try again." Jonathan said giving me a small pat on my back.

I gave him a simple nod and headed out with him to the parking lot, Jamie was there talking to Brent and Duncan. Jonathan gave me a stern look meaning just to get in my car and go home, unfortunately, I took heed and went straight to my car to avoid conflict and drama that would make things even worse between me and Jamie. Tazer gave me a nod before he went into his car and drove off, I started the engine on my Hummer then drove off in the direction of my home.