Ally

It was about 2:30 am when I heard my cell phone ring.

I groaned and picked up my phone to look at the Caller ID. Pizza Bestie.

Why the hell is Michael calling me?

I answered, "This better be good, Gordon."

"Damn, hello to you too. I forgot how bitchy you get when woken up," he replied.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want, Michael?"

"Oh, right! I found a drummer!"

Michael and couple of our other friends were in a band. However, they were in desperate need of a drummer.

"You couldn't have waited until tomorrow to tell me that?" I asked, annoyed with my so-called best friend.

"Ally, couldn't you try to be even a little bit excited?"

I sighed and sarcastically said, "Oh my gosh, Mikey! I'm so glad that you woke me up at two thirty in the fucking morning to tell me this amazing news!"

Michael groaned. "I hate you."

"Love you too, Mikey. Can I go back to sleep now?" I asked.

"Ugh, fine, but we're talking about this at school!"

"Fine. Good night, Michael."

"Night, Ally."

********

"Ally!" I heard someone shout after I opened my locker.

I turned around and there he was. My best friend, Michael Clifford.

"Hey," he said, once he approached me.

"Hey, asshole," I replied.

He rolled his eyes.

"So, tell me about this drummer that you so desperately wanted to tell me about at 2:30 am," I told him.

"Well, he's not officially our drummer yet. We need him to play with us first to see how we sound," he replied.

"Oh. Well, still, tell me about him."

"His name is Ashton, he has a YouTube channel, he's a couple years older than us, and an awesome drummer and singer," he told me, excitedly.

"Awesome! When do I get to meet him?"

"After school, you're coming with me to band practice. It's at my place today. He and Calum are bringing their girlfriends."

"Okay, cool. It's about time I got to meet Laura and Amber. I mean, they've been with them long enough."

Michael chuckled and nodded.

The school bell rang, and Michael put an arm around my shoulder. "Come on, let's get to class."

********

Michael and I had pretty much every class together, so we always sat next to each other.

We also got in trouble for talking just about every day, so instead, we started passing notes. The teachers never noticed because we were always in the back.

The first chance I got, during our last class of the day, I wrote on a piece of paper and passed it to Michael.

So, tell me more about this drummer. How did you get him to agree to it? -A

Michael reads the note, writes something down, and passes it back.

Well, like I said, he's technically not our drummer yet. He's just coming to see us play and then he'll add his drumming skills to it. -M

I rolled my eyes playfully, looked at him, and wrote back.

So, really, this is an audition for both of you. How did you make contact with him? -A

I passed him the note, and he passed it back after writing his explanation.

I sent him a message on Facebook at 2 in the morning, a few minutes before I called you -M

I hold in a chuckle and shake my head.

You're an idiot -A

After I pass the note back, he shrugs and writes something down before passing to me.

That may or may not be true, but you love me either way, so -M

I was tempted to smack his arm, but I knew I'd get in trouble for it. I just wrote back.

That has not been proven. I'm still mad at you for waking me up so early, asshole -A

Right then, the bell rang, and we both stood up.

"I may be an asshole, but I'm your asshole. Plus, you've been stuck with me for the past 13 years, so you can't get rid of me," Michael said to me.

"No, I can't get rid of you because you know too much, and for some reason, my parents like you," I retorted.

"Bitch"

"Asshat"

We both laughed as we got to the front doors of the school.

"You want me to give you a ride back to my place?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure. Are Luke and Calum driving themselves?"

"Yeah. Luke's driving Laura over and Calum's taking Amber."

I nodded. "Of course. They'll probably want some alone time with them before practice," I said, laughing.

Michael laughed along, and we walked over to his car.

He opened the door on my side, and I stepped inside. "Wow, Gordon is a gentleman. Who knew?"

"Precious cargo," he said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Just shut up and drive, dork," I replied.

_______________________________________

Hi, guys!!! So, this is my new story. I hope you all like it. Please comment what you think and I'll post the next chapter when My Boyfriend's Brother is officially complete.