Ch.19

Elizabeth's Point of View

After Brendon played his first song, the crowd pleaded with him to play three more encores, to which he happily obliged. He performed songs entitled, Time to Dance, There's a Good Reason These Tables are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of it Yet, and Build God, Then We'll Talk, which he actually wrote about the House of Memories.

He was so incredible on stage, actually pulling audience members from the crowd to join him in a kick-line after the second verse of There's a Good Reason These Tables are Numbered. They couldn't get enough of him; he was a natural.

As I sat back near the bar with Patrick, the boys talked about possibly introducing Brendon to their record label in hopes of getting him signed. One conflict they addressed was that it's harder for a solo artist to get signed than a full band, so Brendon might need to find band members to accompany him.

I thought of a boy in my AP English class, Ryan, who, from what I could remember from middle school, was an incredible guitarist and singer. Maybe he and Brendon could collaborate some time.

Currently, Brendon and I were traveling back on the bus to the bus stop near our neighborhood. It was close to 5 in the morning, so this was the second time that we had been traveling together at this time of night.

Brendon told me to slap him awake if he tried to fall asleep so he could 'protect me from the psychos,' although I'm not entirely sure what he was referring to. He did get a little drunk again after his performance, so when he immediately fell asleep on my shoulder one minute into the bus ride home, I didn't disturb him.

I turned my head softly so not to wake him and peered down at the sleeping boy next to me.

His hair was sloppy, pointing in all different directions, hanging over his forehead. Illuminated under the bus' fluorescent lights, Brendon's freckles that covered his face were now faintly visible. His eyelashes fluttered after each breath and every now and then his leg would start to bounce, as it always does, so I would gently place my hand over his knee and he would settle down.

Also I just now noticed that he drunkenly put his hoodie on backwards so the hood was dangling on his chest.

I laughed softly and watched Brendon's eyes spring open as the bus carefully crept next to the curb of our bus stop, releasing us back into our life of suburbia.

We walked hand in hand down the street, not really saying any words, besides Brendon's consistent humming that I'm not really sure he's aware of.

Once we arrived at my house I texted Eve that I was coming up so she could open the window to let me through.

"Thank you for a very exciting evening. You were great tonight." I smiled at Brendon swinging our hands together as we stood below my tree.

"My performance or our kiss?" He smirked.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him. "Your performance."

"Did you really like it? I wasn't sure about my performance, the crowd was really good tonight but I played a couple wrong keys and wasn't sure." He muttered stepping closer to me and pulling me into a tight hug.

"Brendon you were amazing, honestly."

"So do you think you would want to come back with me? Unfortunately they only give the late hours to the small bands so it would still be at like 1-3 am every night, but I want you to be there."

I nodded quickly. "Hell yes I will be there."

Brendon laughed and backed away from our hug only to quickly wrap his arms around my waist and pull me into him, kissing me softly on my lips.

He moaned into the kiss and looked back at me painfully, biting his lip.

"Can't I just stay overnight with you doll?" He pleaded, staring down at me with lustful eyes. His hands gripped my waist tighter.

"Probably not Brendon Urine." I mumbled, swiping a hand through his messy hair.

He cringed and started laughing. "Please Lord no. Don't start that. I do not want that name to catch on."

"Well we'll see about that Mr. Urine. Now help me up to reach this tree branch."

Brendon crouched down so I could sit upon his shoulders and reach the lowest tree branch and hoist myself up. Right on cue, Eve opened the window and reached for my hand to help pull me in, leaving Brendon staring up at me from the grass below.