FOURTEEN

"SO, HOW DO we get 'The Skylar Winston' back?" Soda questioned while putting his hands in his pockets

We were walking down the street in silence until he asked that question. I stuffed my hands in my jacket pockets and took a deep breath, the cold air visually showing my oxygen releasing my cold body. 

"I have no idea." 

"I fell in love with the old Skylar. The one who was broken and damaged, but she still showed a smile on her face for everyone. The one who was so sassy, her mother, the sassiest person alive, would be jealous. The one who was always loyal to her friends. The one who could kick some Soc's to the ground and come home without a scratch on her face. The one who didn't care what others thought about her. And the one who fell in love with me." He spoke softly, looking at me. 

"Are you saying because I'm having an identity crisis, I don't love you anymore?!" I started raising my voice and stopped in my tracks, shooting him daggers. 

He stopped and turned to look at me. "Look, Blue. You're not yourself anymore. Change is a good thing, but when you change EVERYTHING about you, even your personality? That's when it's not good. I don't know if you love me anymore like you used to and that's okay. But you haven't exactly been taking part in the relationship lately." 

"Oh, well sorry," I scoffed, "it's not my fault I have to work twenty four seven, it's not my fault I have to make sure the kids are fed, bathed, and in bed by ten, and it's certainly not my fault that my brother just died!"

He sighed and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Blue." I hugged him back and once I pulled away, I ran my hands through my hair. "I do have to admit though, our relationship isn't the same as it used to be." 

He silently nodded, a sad expression washed over his face. "It's fine if you want to take a break. I know your life's been a living hell lately and if you don't love me the same then-" I cut him off by smashing my lips against his, feeling the same surge of electricity shoot through me as it did when we were together.