ONE

December 12, 1992

December 12, 1992

[btw Tough Love took place in 1986. So, this is 6 years later.]

A month ago...

"Guys, you're going to go to Aunt Sarah and Uncle Steve's for a little bit." I flashed a fake smile at Gracie and Ashton as they gave me confused ones.

"How long is a 'little bit?'" Gracie questioned, and I looked down at the ground and sighed.

"Just until Christmas. I'll visit you two everyday, I promise." I embraced the two of them into a hug and drove them to Sarah and Steve's house.

(YES, SARAH AND STEVE GOT MARRIED YAYYYY)

We pulled up into the driveway and the kids hopped out, me following behind them. Sarah and Steve were on the porch and Sarah ran up to me and pulled me into a hug. I gave her a small smile. "Thank you so much. You guys are the best."

She slapped me in the back of the head. "Don't thank us! I'd do anything for my best friend."

"They're little daredevils so good luck." I laughed and she returned one.

I gave Steve a hug and he gave me a sympathetic smile. "How you holdin' up?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked away. "I could be better..."

//

THE PRESENT

(I think y'all recognize this scene.... lmaoooo y'all are so gonna murder me)

//

"ANOTHER DRINK, SKYLAR?" The bartender asked as I nodded my head and smiled weakly.

He slid the glass of whiskey until it landed in front of me. I put my lips on the edge of the glass as the whiskey traveled down my throat, giving me that same burning sensation. I stared blankly at the table and traveled back to that night.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I sat my glass of whiskey down. I've turned into the person I never said I was going to turn into.... Dallas.

I slowly got up and stumbled out of the bar. I shouldn't be driving, but at the moment I didn't care what happened to me. He's back with Sandy. He doesn't love me anymore. I pulled into the Curtis's house and Darry ran up to me. "You got drunk again?!"