FOUR

MY MOUTH DROPPED and I pointed my finger at her

MY MOUTH DROPPED and I pointed my finger at her. "Y-you're dating my brother?" 

She nodded and I turned around slowly, while walking back to the table. Colton looked at me weird, "Umm did she possess you or something? Because, I mean, that wouldn't surprise me." 

"She is dating my brother!" I whisper-yelled and Colton's mouth turned into an oval shape. "Hey, that's good news for you. That means she'll be extra nice to you." 

"Good news?!?!" I started flailing my arms, "Anyone who dates Dally is going to get hurt! He's going to drop her in the next week and that means she'll make this hell hole ten times worse for me!" 

Colton patted me on the shoulder, "I'll send my prayers over to you."  

//

I TOLD SODA we'd go shopping after I went to go see Dally at my old house. It's weird calling it my old house now since I used to live in it. I opened the door and walked right in. Dally was sitting on the couch, watching Spongebob. I chuckled, "I didn't know you were a fan of Spongebob, Dal." 

He rolled his eyes. "What did you need to tell me?" 

I sat down on the couch next to him and crossed my arms. "First of all, why are you dating my boss?!" 

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Kelly is your boss?" 

"Yes!" I screamed. Dally shrugged his shoulders, "Trust me, Skye. I actually think she might be the one." 

I laughed. "That makes sense. Y'all are both cold hearted." 

Dally started laughing too. "Exactly. Now what is the real reason you came over here?" 

I took a deep breath. "Soda and I have to pretend to be together for Christmas. It's for the kids." 

He was silent for a moment and I was afraid of how he was going to react. He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just don't come crawling back to me when he hurts you again." 

I scoffed and started walking out the door. "Like I said, pretend."

Dally shook his head. "Skylar, when it comes to you and Soda, there's no such thing as pretending!"

I slammed the door and got in my car, revving the engine. I pulled out of the driveway and headed to my house to get ready. 

When I arrived at Steve and Sarah's, Soda was sitting on the couch watching TV with the kids. I stood there and smiled at them and Sarah joined me. "Remember, you two are together." She whispered and I nodded, walking over to them. 

When Soda saw me, he gave me his famous grin and my stomach did that same one hundred foot drop it did six years ago.

I glanced at the kids and flashed them a big smile. "Mommy and Daddy are going to go shopping for Christmas presents!"