The Reality Of Happily Ever After

I took a long deep breath as I gently brushed my long loose hair.

I was dressed in  blue silk nightie and matching gown.. It was beautiful. I tried to focus on every possible detail. The soft sky silk that was cool to the touch, the intricate detail of lace around the neck and sleeve, a constant pattern woven ever so delicately. Something I would definitely pick for myself if I saw it in a shop window. However. This was just a dressing gown. And all I was really trying to do was distract myself. Try and take a practical approach to my idiocy of immediate attraction. But for some reason I couldn't ignore the facts.

What an emotional roller coaster the day had been!

I couldn't help hot tears prick my eyes, as I watched them roll from my face and onto my lap.

Stupid stupid girl! I scolded myself internally, smacking my hand against my head.

I was sitting at the dressing table of one of the guest rooms in James' castle.

It was a beautiful room, a deep purple color filled the room and a strong smell of lavender that never seemed to fade.

Everything in this room was with the color scheme, the brush and combs were blushed in a bright purple velvet, the four poster bed held mahogany satin sheets, and even the curtains were a deep berry.

I sighed, as I made my way to the balcony behind the curtains.

It was a beautiful night, the sky was clear, only filling with a million stars and of course the bright, beautiful, sad moon.

It lit up the kingdom, and everything seemed in its place, and meant to be.

Everything except.. Me.

I had to sit through a very long dinner with  James, his family and the perfect  Princess Arlya.

I didn't mean to seem bitter, but I just couldn't help it.

The issue was I just had no right to hate her, I had no claim over James, (much to my dismay) and even if I tried to it was no use, she was just too nice.

"Flynna," She said with a bright smile, "Where did you say you were from?"

I scoffed on the inside.

Who was she to ask me such questions?!

Okay maybe I could hate her.

I felt jealousy bubble inside of me like a volcano to the brim every time I caught her glancing at James, but I couldn't play that game.

I couldn't be selfish. It wasn't right. I had to keep my cool.

Which, may I point out, is especially hard for a girl with fiery temper.

"Just.. away." I smiled at her.

Quite unconvincingly.

She nodded in defeat as she stopped trying to make an effort.

I felt bad but I just could't control it, I just got my heartbroken and all I could keep my attention on was James, who was surprisingly quiet throughout the meal.

I stared at the blue north star which shone high above me in the twilight.

Stupid wishes.

Stupid fairy tales that never come true!

Unless, of course, your name is my Mother.

But most of all, stupid happily ever after.