Weirdest. Day. Ever.

"Flynna!!!!"

"Flynna!!!!"

Shouted my mother from the bottom of the staircase.

"It's time for you and Ruby to have dinner now!"

"Coming mother!"

I said, getting up from the floor where me and Ruby had been seeing how many colors we could turn pascal, giggling at the faces he was pulling.

"Ruby!"

Exclaimed my Dad, shovelling mashed potatoes into his mouth.

"Great you could of join us,"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I suppose all these years in a castle still didn't kill my fathers orphanage table manners.

"Ahem, Eugene?" said my Mother giggling, not minding in the slightest.

"Close your mouth, we have guests,"

You could tell from the way they looked at each other they were still totally in love. Which was cutely sickening.

"Right! Sorry," said my Father with a chuckle.

Ruby smiled and laughed.

"Not at all your highness! And really the pleasure is all mine, thank you for having me,".

But even though I felt somewhat out of place, my Mother always knew when something was wrong.

"Flynna? Something wrong honey? You've barely touched your food,"

Everyone on the table turned to look at me, even my Grandparents gave me a puzzled look as they lowered their spoons.

My turquoise eyes looked up and met hers.

I wanted to tell her.

Tell her how I wanted a dream, a destiny, how I wanted my own fairy tale and how I was fed up of being just 'the daughter of the famous Rapunzel'.

But somehow.. I couldn't. I knew it would break her heart. Besides, she wouldn't understand.

For years my mother and father had tried to protect me by keeping me in the kingdom. They seemed to have a consistent worry about me being alone and wouldn't even let me near the forest without a guard.

"I'm fine mother," I said as I faked a smile.

I looked over to ruby who was seemed to be in full awe of her food, and thought quick.

"I just need... a ride! Yes a ride on Maximus will do the trick perfectly. Come ruby,"

I grabbed Ruby's arm as she gasped, mouth full as we swung passed the maids and out the room.

The whole room seemed to be in shock, but accustomed to my outbursts.

"Okay but be careful!!" shouted my Mother.