A New Side of Him

(Jess’s POV)

I waited patiently for Loki to return so I could tell him what happened. I’ve been waiting for almost an hour now. Huffing out an annoyed breath, I stood up and looked around for something to do.

Might as well pass the time somehow…’ I thought to myself. Let’s see what things I can do…

I saw a rock lying on the ground. ‘Hmmm…’ I stared at it, concentrating solely on the rock, willing it to move. Suddenly, just as I was about to give up, I saw it wiggle just a little bit. With newfound hope in my heart I concentrated more. Slowly it started to rise in the air and then it stopped, just hovering there. I walked up to it and grabbed it out of midair and studied it. Just a normal rock. Sighing, I tossed it into the woods as far as I could. I did this a few more times until I was about to move the rocks around me without much work. It was a little bit more difficult to raise heavier things than lighter ones. I even raised thousands of the little pebbles in the air to stretch my powers.

Growing bored of this, I ran a hand through my hair. ‘Where the heck is he?’ I thought for the hundredth time. ‘I’m going look for him.’ Being my lazy self, I didn’t feel like walking all the way back, so I just teleported back in our bedroom.

“Are you freaking kidding me?” I said angrily in a hushed tone. There was the missing Loki, fast asleep on the bed. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell me you were going to bed.”

I tossed on some pj’s and crawled in bed next to him. A smile made it’s way onto my face, totally forgetting that I was mad at him. The moonlight lite up his pale face. He looked so peaceful right now. No worries about the Ice Elves or this so called Infinity Gauntlet. He was just alone to his peaceful dreams. I placed a small kiss on his cheek and let him sleep. He deserved it.

( Good Loki's POV)

I was falling. I was falling back in that deep abyss. I screamed but nothing would come out. It’s as if my voice were trapped inside of my throat, abandoning me. I thrashed my hands about, trying to grab onto something, ANYTHING. But there was nothing. Eventually I just let myself fall, further and further into the deep nothing, waiting for death to come. It felt like I had been falling for hours, although it was probably only minutes. Time had escaped me also.

Suddenly I hit a cold floor, the air in my lungs suddenly emptied. I gasped for air as I rolled onto my side. I looked up and saw I was in the throne room.

“You are WORTHLESS!” I jumped and quickly turned to my accuser.

“You are and object for my use.” He said.

“Dad-“

“I am not your father!” He interrupted, spitting out at me. I flinched. “Your father left you for dead, like I should have.”

“No, Dad, do not say that-“

“You are not loved here. You were supposed to die in the abyss.”

“That isn’t true! Jess loves me!” I yelled back.

“You fool! Do you honestly think SHE could love a monster like you? She is just using you like the rest of us. She loves Asgrim. I thought you would not marry in time, but you tricked her into marrying you. She doesn’t love you!” He screamed, face turning red.

Tears were forming in my eyes. “It’s true Loki. I don’t love you. I despise you.” I closed my eyes and listened to that familiar sound I grew to love. When I opened my eyes I saw her beautiful face before mine. We were in our secret garden now.

“Jess… No… You don’t mean that.” I reached out towards her.

She laughed harshly and I dropped my hand to my side. “ I lied, you idiot. I was using you.” I saw her wrap herself around Asgrim who appeared next to her. He had that same evil smirk on from when he chained me up. “Who could ever love a monster like you?