Prologue

Notes:

Hello and welcome to a re-boot to my old fan fiction that I have written from last year. I've always wanted to re-write it just to see how much I have grown. So if you have come from wattpad I welcome you into this reading experience once more. <3

If you happen to pass by a spelling error or perhaps a sentence that makes no sense than please point it out by the number of the paragraph and the beginning five words of the sentence(s). Until then I will see you in the next chapter.

If you're still reading this than you won't need to scroll back up to read this but there is a link at the bottom where I'm letting my readers choose who the love interest is. By the chapter 4,5, or 6 I'll decide and if there is a tie well I'm in trouble.

The world did not end with humans against humans, but rather monsters against humans. A blood curdling scream echoed throughout the forest as yet another soldier has fallen, their swords fell from there grasp onto the crimson painted grass. The blood showing a reflection of the last bit of the man that hung form the titans mouth was swallowed as its eyes saw yet another victim trying to limp away only to be grabbed to they're demise. This cruel world is all humanity has left and is dying to take back that was stolen from them. The centuries humans have took their world for granted has now come to get revenge on the greed the humans has bestowed. Trapped in walls that is the only line of defense they have for the civilians-- for what could lye ahead of those walls that those beats have yet to touch. Old civilizations ruined as what was once Japan is now a prison to the people, the more who are willing to fight the less that come back through the safety of the walls.

When the titans were first discovered Japan needed help from the United States who tried to aid them but no matter how hard they fought the bastards kept regenerating. They somehow ended up on every continent and every country, they were everywhere which left humanity suffocating. The hundreds to thousands of american troops who were fighting against the titans were left behind in Japan thus the necessity for the English language began to grow. As the titans grew in number the less humans were left, what was once a population of around one hundred million was just below one hundred thousand.

The only true hope for humanity is a young titan shifter who has yet to be trailed. As his body was chained up in the cell the commander and corporal awaited until the young boy awoke which wouldn't take long seeing his fingers and leg twitch meant he should awaken any moment now. Sighing away corporal Levi looked at Erwin who only gave him a small nod as the boy awoke with a start as his eyes widened in shock as he stared both the commander and the corporal. The silence was thick but it didn't last long until Erwin spoke which made the boy raise his head a bit higher.

"Do you have any questions ?" Confusion was written on the young boys face as he stared at the commander and later looked to his right to find Levi avoiding eye contact.

"Umm...Where..am I ?" Looking around he saw the small bridled room he was in along with chains and handcuffs that dangled from the ceiling above him. Seeing the light bounce off the silver handcuff was when he finally realized where he really was.

"As you can see, you're in an underground dungeon.--"

"A pretty shitty one if you ask me." Looking over at Levi the commander gave him a glare as he looked back at the boy remembering to take off five percent of the tea funding. Staring at the young boys eyes he saw his expression change to one that was of utter confusion to fear. "But we finally got permission to see you a little while ago." Raising his hand up commander Erwin opened his arm just enough so that a key can be dangled in the air with a slight gleam showing off just how polished it looked. Eren finally looked down to see his shackled hands along with the recognition of his key that was once hanging from his neck when battling for the retrieval of Trost.