Chapter 2.

You felt yourself slowly waking up. Why the hell is it so cold? Your mind wandered as you sat up, with an aching pain around your neck and down your back. You rubbed the back of your neck slowly laying back down.

You felt too tired and weary to get up and move. You just rested and thought of the bizarre dream you had last night. What a nightmare. You found yourself drifting back to sleep in what you thought to be your bed until you heard a voice.

"Kid? Wake up, will ya." The voice said. It sounded oddly familiar. You snapped your eyes open and sat up and looked up to what seemed to be a skeleton monster. "I would switch sleeping areas if I were you."

"Why? Who are you even to tell me what to do?" You snapped realizing all of the events that happened in your 'dream' wasn't actual a dream.

"Woah kid, calm down. You don't remember me? Mr. Door person I should say." The skeleton chuckled. You remembered now. This was the guy who spoke to you through the door. "The names papyrus." He said while sticking out a hand for you to take.

You cautiously shook it, and took the time to examine his features. He had an orange Hoodie on with a pair of shorts and sneakers. He also had a cigar lazily hanging from his mouth.

"My name is [Name]" You said bluntly while releasing your hand from his and standing up, brushing the dirt off of your clothes. "And why should I leave exactly? There's nothing else I can call 'shelter' around here." You said hoping for a reasonable answer.

"Well kid let's just say you're resting in my brothers post. Speaking of my brother," He paused for a second while his eyes trailed down to the blue scarf wrapped around my neck, "What are you doing with his scarf?"

After he finished his question his eye lit up orange. His mood change scared you and decided to be as truthful as possible. "Oh, that other skeleton was your brother? He bumped into me, but since I was covered in snow, he thought I was a monster. He gave me his scarf cause he said I looked cold. There's the truth." You said.

The glow in his eye faded as he looked more calm. You reached up to the scarf to give it to Papyrus so he could return it to his bro, but you stopped yourself. I should return this scarf to him myself, it's the only way I'll be able to thank him.

"Papyrus, do you think I'll be able to return his scarf myself?" I asked him. He pondered about this.

"Yes, but jussoyaknow my bro is a human hunting fanatic, so he might wanna capture you. Although, he's harmless so your shouldn't worry." Papyrus said. "Also, he's been kinda down lately so seeing a human might just brighten up his days."

Him being a human hunter made your kind of nervous, but you trusted Papyrus. You were pretty sure he promised Asgore he'd protect you, so if Papyrus' brother was really harmless, you'll take his word for it.

"Speaking of my bro there he is now." Papyrus said glancing over at a skipping silhouette heading out way. I left the post thingy and walked towards the other skeleton. You stopped yourself. Shit, how should I approach this!? I'll probably get all shy and stutter again. Hmm.. maybe I should just hide behind papyrus until he introduces me.

You ran over to Papyrus and stood behind him but you were still visible. "Papyrus? Papyrus!! This isn't your post!" A very deep voice yelled while you heard him stomp the ground.

"Don't worry bro, I've finished work today. In fact I've got a surprise for you." Papyrus said chuckling.

"How could you be finished with your work if we still haven't captured any humans!" You heard the other skeleton say stomping the ground some more. Papyrus gave a playful sigh and turned around, gripping your shoulders and shoving you lightly towards his brother.