??? (VIII)

???

June 10th

7:21pm

          Police sirens wail outside. A slim ray of light shines in from the street lamps outside through the narrow basement window onto a hand full of rings, making them glitter in the light. All is silent, and the smell of weed permeates the air.

          Leaning back in my chair behind my desk, I tap my fingers on it, impatient.

          ‘He’s late.’

          Suddenly the door swings open and a man runs in, sweating and panting heavily. I silently observe him as he catches his breath.

          “I-I found her…” he finally breathes out.

          I smirk to myself. “Good. Bring her to me.”

          He remains silent, looking down at his shaking hands. I frown and look around him and behind him, looking for another person to be with him. There isn’t one.

          “Well?” I ask, impatient. “Where is she?”

          The man starts sweating so hard I can her him. “Well I ain’t exactly get her –“

          “YOU FOOL!” I slam my hands on the desk in a rage, making him jump. “YOU LET HER GET AWAY?!”

          He starts cowering under my heated gaze. “M-Maverick was with her, sir! Yo, you know he can easily kill anyone who pisses him off in a matter of minutes!” he pauses, thinking. “He seemed real attached to that girl though. I ain’t never seen him that angry, not even when we rolled in the same crew.”

          “Maverick? You don’t say…” I start rubbing my chin, thinking. Maverick’s always been a threat to my empire, and since he and Prince have teamed up, they’re the most respected and feared ones in the game except for me. Hearing that he was connected to my next target could prove useful.

          ‘A blessing in disguise if you will…’

          “This information will be useful to me. However, you will not be getting your cut, seeing as you failed to do the job I asked of you. Now get out.” I say, facing my back to him.

          The man walks out of the room, head hanging in shame.

          I lean back in my chair, again rubbing my chin. Pulling out a picture, I start to chuckle to myself. Bright, violet eyes stare back at me.

          ‘Time for a little reunion, Gabrielle…’