47

Kelsey's Point of View:

My whole body became numb. "What do you mean they found his body?"

"Ian called and told me that the cops were looking for something else when they came upon the body in the woods and according to him, I'm their suspect."

I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion. "How can they just blame it all on you if they have no proof?"

Shawn shook his head, a knowing smirk on his face. "Because those fuckers have been trying to take me down for years."

"What are you going to do?" I whispered after a few minutes of silence.

"I don't know. First I have to talk to Ian, get the whole story from him and then we'll go from there." Shawn clutched onto the steering wheel with such force, his knuckles were turning white.

I stayed quiet, not wanting to push his buttons.

"I just don't fucking understand how the guys could have been so careless to fucking throw the body where it could easily be found..." Shaking his head, he slammed his hands against the wheel in aggravation. "I told them to take care of it and the one time I do, they fuck it up and I get thrown under the bus in the end."

Grabbing his free hand to try and soothe him to calmness, I was just about to stroke it with my thumb when Shawn harshly pulled it back. "Don't Kelsey. I'm not in the mood." He sternly stated, twisting the car around as he began driving down another street.

I bit my lip, keeping my hands to myself, on my lap.

When he reached a red light, he leaned across from me, opening the glove department as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes. Slamming it shut, he pulled a stick from his pack before lighting it up once he found his lighter. Taking a few puffs, he held it in between his index and middle finger, his knees taking control of the wheel as he leaned back against his seat, inhaling the smoke and letting it settle in his system before ghosting it out.

I waved my hand from side to side, trying to get rid of the smoke that was coming my way.

He didn't bother to open a window. Instead, he continued driving to his house, paying no attention to how hazy the car had gotten because of it.

Thankfully we had reached the house and I was finally able to breathe in some fresh air. Opening the car door, I stepped out before shutting it closed, waiting for Shawn.

Once he got out, he made his way in front of me and led the way inside. "Meeting. Now." He called out loudly.

Everyone immediately made their way inside the living room. I awkwardly settled myself beside Shawn on the couch.

He was in the zone now, his eyes intense and his body solid. He looked like an animal ready to attack its prey.

"You got here quickly." Ian nonchalantly pointed out.

"I left the second you called." There was a stern grip to Shawn's words, I felt goosebumps rise on my skin and he wasn't even talking to me. "Now, skip the small talk and get going. What the fuck happened?" Shawn laced his fingers together, interested in what Ian had to say.

Taking a seat across from us, Ian licked his lips. "It hit the news this afternoon. The cops were on the lookout for something, weed or some shit like that when their dog sniffed something out. He ended up going into the lake and finding Parker's dead body--"

"How the fuck do you guys dump him in the lake?" Shawn stared incredulously over at Brian, Andrew and John, cutting Ian off in the middle of his explanation.