Chapter 6

"Thank you all so much for your hospitality. A hundred years from now, everyone will ask: 'How did the friendship between the Pigs and the Birds start'?" Leonard would advance towards the stage whilst speaking to the crowd. "Who cares!" Cried out Red in response towards the rhetorical question. "Well let them say: 'We lit up the night'!" An inferno would abruptly escalate towards each and every corner of the wooden platform.
The audience roared enthusiastically in response, not outraged in the least of the destruction. "Hey look, they destroyed more of the stuff we worked hard to build." A sense of sarcasm was clear in Red's tone of voice. "But there's more! Has gravity gone haywire? No! Even better! Your friends the Pigs proudly give you; the Trampoline! Those are my assistants Oinky and John Ham!" As the gift was announced, two rotund pigs bounced continued on the stretchy surface. "Wait hold on a second. I thought that there was only supposed to be two of these guys." Y/n recalled Leonard state in his entrance that only he and Ross were aboard the floating vehicle. "But that's not all, throwing things just got a whole lot easier. Say hello to: the Slingshot! Tired of carrying things from place to place? Wish you could just get it there? Well now you can! Waiters do me a favor. Take the rest of the night off." As Leonard delineated this peculiar invention, a familiar voice rose up within the crowd once more. "Hey if you got the night off, why don't you fix my house?" Red persisted to demand a proper repair of his mangled Hut. "Ah it's the same guy. Eheh! Well the Slingshot does it all in three easy steps. Ready? Aim. Fire!" A variety of fruits were launched towards the throng of exuberant Birds. "And now for our last gift to you-" Before Leonard could proceed with the presentation, a voice would interrupt his statement "Shut up and fix my house!". "I am going to ask for two volunteers from the audience. A lady and a gentleman." As Leonard conclude his remark, a flood of wings were elevated into the air. "Who should I pick? Hmm. How about the red guy with the enormous eyebrows and the pretty lady sitting next to him!" His hoof would be aimed towards the table Red and Y/n occupied. "Us?" The girl was perplexed as to why they were even chosen in the first place. "Mhm." A nefarious grin tugged on the corners of Leonard's greenish lips. "Are you sure that you don't want to choose from the hundreds of birds that have their wings up?" Red insisted on selecting the ones in the crowd who were truly enthusiastic to participate. "C'mon guys, have some fun." Chuck nudged his elbow against the surface of Y/n's left arm. The pair stood from the ligneous seats before advancing towards the platform where all could discern them. The precise moment his talon made contact with the wooden flooring, Ross held a hoof on Red's silky feathers to lead him directly behind the vast device. "Ready? Aim. Fire!" A  streak of crimson-red then spiraled throughout the night sky. As usual, the birds hurrahed upon witnessing such an event. "No! Red!" The distraught Y/n peered at the sky, concerned for Red's well-being. "It's alright dear, he will he just fine." A hoof was coiled around the girl's waistline, compelling her to be brought close. "Tch. Why did you even need me up here?" Y/n took a single step aside from the possessive being to ease her discomfort. "I just thought that seeing your pretty face would be a delight." Leonard then motioned the tip of his hoof through her sleek, pinkish cheek. "Sorry for the interruption, but Y/n has to come with us now. It's uh, something important!" Chuck rushed up in front of the two. "Now now, just because your little red friend left doesn't mean you have to leave as well." A cordial smile was flashed towards the yellow bird who stood before them. "Actually I'm going to go. It's getting late and I'm pretty beat." Y/n would scuttle down the short flight of stairs, desiring to flee from the obnoxious male. "Hm. Goodnight Y/n, I'll see you tomorrow." Leonard felt the rate of his heartbeat enlarge as he took one final glimpse of the girl. "We're going to snoop through their boat!" The exhilarated Chuck muttered softly to prevent any undesired attention.

-Small Timeskip-

Bomb would assist Y/n up the edge of the ship due to the visible contrast in height. "Thanks Bomb." Y/n expressed her gratitude towards the polite, humble bird. Chuck leaped feverishly through the deck, awaiting for Bomb to join the group. "Are you alright? Leonard had no business doing that to you." Y/n questioned Red's physical condition after being hurled dozens of miles through the air. "I'm fine. What did he need you for anyway?" A faint 'thump' shook the flooring lightly as Red would finalize his sentence. Bomb finally managed to ascend over the edge as well, a faint chuckle being heard from his beak over the triumph. "Tch. He just wanted me beside him as eye candy." Y/n would acknowledge the question, recalling Leonard's absurd reasoning for calling her on stage. "Did he now? Hmph. Well at least you're here with us now." What was this abnormal feeling sprouting within the depths of Red's heart? Surely it was nothing he had ever experienced throughout his years; jealousy. The steel handle was churned in a clockwise motion, depriving the door from its hinges. Red commenced the probing investigation with the first door on the right. A room filled with trampolines upon every crevice was revealed. "Ooohhh." Chuck's pupils darted up and down expeditiously to examine the room. "Shhh. Inside voice, inside voice." The group would proceed down the lengthy corridor, though Bomb was determined to linger around the initial room. On the left section of the hallway consisted of various doors as well. Inside one of them, queer automobiles would 'vroom' continuously. On the other, a series of bizarre outfits would dangle on their hangers. "Who are these weirdos?" Y/n murmured silently as her facial expression portrayed a form of repugnance. "Hahaha!!" Bomb howled out in merriment from the first room, booming 'thumps' shuddering the ceiling. Upon viewing what all the commotion was, they saw a mirthful Bomb bouncing persistently on the trampolines. "Bomb get down from there, you're going to get us caught." Warned a peeved Red as the resounding noise escalated. That was when Bomb abruptly impacted through the wooden flooring, though no 'ow' was heard. The three went on to inspect their friend to check on his well-being, but discovered something quite astonishing. "He lied to us, there's more of them. Haha!"