Chapter 22 - Another

He chuckled, "And how are you gonna do that?"  

"And that's when I need a lil' bit of your help, nice showing up at the best timing." I patted him twice on the shoulder, "how should I address you?"

"Anything, so let's get going." he shoved my hand away and went ahead of me.

"Alright, Sir."

I followed him from behind, wondering how long more are we gonna reach there when suddenly a masked man in a doctor's coat spotted us; grabbing two hearts. One in each hand, "Wow!" he mouthed.

'What's so fascinating about them?'

"Sir? Are we gonna run or kill him?" I asked and stopped walking.

"Why are you stopping? We'll kill him once he comes for us. Don't worry. You have me." he said.

I cringed, "Right..." and continued onward.

One of the hearts was thrown at me and it dropped to the ground. It was still beating and died a minute later. We ignored him and it seemed that the masked man became mad that we didn't take any notice of him.

"NOTICE ME!!!" he screamed endlessly and paused.

'What the hell? He's just an attention seeker. Sighs. He reminds me of the girls who used to gang me up.' I shook my head in pity. 'Sir didn't even look and flinch at his exclamation.'

"HEY! I TOLD YOU GUYS TO NOTICE ME, DID I NOT?" he shouted and we still ignored him.

"GAHHH!" he screamed again and this time, he ran towards us; standing about five steps away from us, "Now, there's no way you guys couldn't notice me."

Sir hadn't stopped walking and went around him instead but the masked man clutched onto the tip of Sir's sleeve, "I said... notice.. urgh!!!" Sir stuck out his hand and grabbed the man's neck; strangling him.

"Do not bother us. Got it?" he warned him and the man gasped; struggling.

"Y-yes!" he choked out and Sir let go of him, "Let's go."

"Oh! Right!" I wowed; admiring his power.

Somehow, we'd reached to the building.

"So this is it. Later when we're facing off with Shou, it's either we win or we lose. Thanks for leading me here, Sir." I said.

"Yeah..."

We entered and found Shou sitting on the floor; legs crossed.

"Well done getting here." Shou congratulated and got up.

"I know you're hiding Ryu for a surprise ambush." I frowned and moved towards Shou, leaving Sir behind me, "Bring him out here too."

"Nu-uh, he isn't anywhere near here. He's out hunting with the rest. Miss him?"

I didn't say anything.

"So Rinn, how should we settle who's the winner and who's... the loser? If we're just going to fight, it won't be interesting anymore. We shouldn't involve any bloody fights."

"You're just scared, aren't you?" I huffed.

"I don't know but I've been wondering, what's your partner trying to do, pointing his gun to your head?" he smiled curiously.

'What is he saying?'

I slowly turned around, "Sir?" I whimpered fearfully, afraid that he might betray me.

"Sorry Rinn, but..." he simpered; pleased.

"It's your lost." and he pulled the trigger.