Chapter 21

"AHHHHHH!!!" screams abounded from the citizens, entrapped by the masked people; no where to go.    

"Why aren't you running, girl? Do you want to get killed?" an old man said as he brushed past me. The masked man in suit came out of the school whilst holding a hand grenade.

'Crap, he found me. Gotta run.'

I saw him pulling out the pin and aimed for me. I tried to stay as far away from him and something softly tapped onto my leg. It was the grenade. I instantly picked it up and threw it back to him but it blew up in mid-air.

I hid myself behind a car where nobody could see me. The citizens were blocked as they're heading to the center of the city where the nearest police department was located. They thought that they would be safe there but the masked people had obviously overpowered them.

The masked men encircled them and slowly tortured them to death; one by one whereas the masked women scattered from place to place to check if there was anyone left hiding.

'This is a good spot, they can't see me.' I couldn't help the citizens. There was nothing I could do.

'I can't just run out, steal one of their guns and shoot all of them. I'll be dead the moment I pop out from this spot.'

'Just you wait, Shou. I'll find you and I'll kill you.'

Everyone had finally been killed. 'I need to get close to at least one of them to find the way to that building.'

'What if I pretended to be one of them? Will they find out?' I pondered, thinking where to get a mask to blend in with them.

After the masked people separated in their own paces and were no longer in sight, I came out of my hiding spot and stared at the countless corpses.

'They don't even deserve this. Poor them.' I took a deep breath and went in search of a mask.

'Where's that man in suit? I don't see him anywhere at all. Just where had he gone to?'

I heard footsteps from behind. 'He's here!' I turned and prepared to give a kick but it wasn't him.

"You're that guy who saved me when I fainted!" I sighed in relieve. I could tell that it was him because of his circled mask.

"Yes, it's me and I'm associated with Shou." he said and I backed a foot away from him, "Calm down, I'm no enemy. I had decided to turn my back on him and help you instead."

"I don't trust you." I hissed.

"Wasn't I the one who warned you that there was a man in mask waiting outside but you didn't listen. Well, I went all my way here to offer you help but since you're going to turn it down, I guess I'll just leave."

"Wait!" I shouted.

"Do you know the way to that building?" I asked as I pointed my finger to the building where Shou was.

"Why?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to kill him."