Chapter 3

The sky was ruby-red and the clouds were black. It wasn't like any ordinary sky or sunset. I think I might have entered into another region of the world. 

No time to panic, I immediately turned back to go back to where I originally was. I tried opening the door but it was locked. 'No way, did someone lock it?'

"Whoever you are, I know you're hiding behind this door! You better open it up or else I'll break your bones!" yet there was no reply.

"Rinn..."

Once again, that same voice called out my name.

"Who in the world was that?! Show yourself!" I was frustrated. Not only was I unable to return to the real world, but also I don't know where I am.

Scanning around, I saw a piece of paper lying on the ground and I picked it up.

"Kill or be killed." was what written on it. 'Does that mean that I have to kill someone to get out of this damned place? That's awful, who's behind all of this? She or he is one hell of a person.'

Out of nowhere, a plump man appeared right in front of me with a chainsaw in his right hand.

'All I can see is that he's covered in blood? Or maybe it's just dirt. He's also dressed up in a plumber's outfit and wait?! A CRACKED MASK? It looked exactly the same as the man's three years ago. This is bad, they might be related. I've gotta get out of here.'

I couldn't find any escape route either and that man was not moving at all. He had been staying at the exact same spot for who knows how long. Thanks to that, I had the time to move around to search for an escape. Frightened and crept out, I gradually moved around.

Behind the man, I noticed that there was a mossy bridge connecting from this building to another. Same goes to all other tall buildings, it was all connected. I sighed in relieve, "Maybe I'm able to survive throughout this madness."

"Oh no you won't be able to do that." the man spoke as he pulled the starter rope several times and the engine started running. Standing at the edge of the rooftop, the man came after me with that killer weapon of his, "Just let me kill you!!!"

"No! Get away from me!" I sprinted across the bridge, yelling and thinking that the man might still be after me but I was wrong. Once I had reached to the other building, he stopped at the opposite end from here.

'Does he have a fear of height? To the point where he doesn't dare to cross a bridge? Maybe that's one of his weaknesses! Great, I managed to get through that. What should I do now?' I thought.

"Hello, young one." a hoarse, gentle voice rose from behind. The atmosphere's tensed up.

"When one says hello, shouldn't the others too? Showing your back as I greet, wasn't that a little... disrespectful?" I could sense him taking a step forward and another but I held my stance. It was like I was paralyzed, breaking into cold sweats.

'Should I cross over to the other building? But there is one thing that I'm very assure of. A fella like this man will be waiting there to kill me. There isn't any choice, is there? I'll just go with the flow.'

I eyed around and spotted a door to this rooftop. 'Glorious! Luck is definitely on my side... for now.'

I counted from one to three before I moved on to my plan.

'One... two...'

Even if there's a slightest chance of getting the hell away from here, I'll use that chance!

'And... thr...' he grabbed my right shoulder tightly before I could finish counting.

Damn! That was a faux pas! I shouldn't have done a countdown!