Chapter 13

I could hear Garo screaming from inside of the small house which literally tore my heart apart.

"You! Garo and Tsuki have got nothing to do with this. Why did you kill them?!" Sei raged.

'Sei's exactly right. Why kill them when we're their targets.'

"You know what. Why don't you just finish us off right here and now?" I suggested.

"Rinn, what are you saying? Don't you want to live and go back to where we were?" Sei asked confusingly.

"Foolish girl. Like I said, my boss wouldn't like it if I kill you and the boy on the spot so I'll let you guys go for now. Well, it's time for me to go. Good luck in exploring!" His voice faded away and everything was fine. Only the sound of the crackling flames was heard from the small house.

"He'll be back soon." he confirmed and I nodded.

"Let's go to our own separate ways now." he said.

"Wait why? If we work together, won't that make things easier?"

"No, I've never plan to collaborate or befriend with you. We're here together because of Oga and Kaze and if it weren't for them, we wouldn't be able meet and save each other's back so it's best to separate now. We have our own things to deal with anyways, am I wrong?"

'That's true. I still haven't find out about those two mysterious guys who saved me back then including the mystery behind my dead dad. Plus, there's The Unknown and the strange building that I saw in school. There are so many cases to be solved.'

"Okay, I agree with you. Let's meet if we ever have the chance and you better not die, Sei." I smiled and formed a fist out of my right hand; asking for a fist bump from him.

"Of course I will survive." he bumped his fist onto mine.

After all that, we finally split up. 'I might as well just explore around like that person told me to.'

I loitered around for hours or longer and nothing was going on. That, I was relieved. 'I wonder why after all this time, I don't feel hungry or thirsty at all? That must be one good point being in this region.'

Getting exhausted, I sat down with my legs stretched; leaning my back against a dented car door.

I sighed, thinking back about the wretchedness from the beginning of how I got here. 'Hah, I was stupid to be lured by a building. I shouldn't be here.'

"Why am I so stupid?!" I softly banged the car door with the back of my head and a piece of crumpled paper dropped on my head. 'Wherever I go, a note will always be there for me to read. The Unknown must be a smart person, considering the timing.'

'From The Unknown, tired already? Get your butt up and walk straight. After that, keep turning left and you'll find yourself standing in front of a blue and red building. I'll be waiting there! ^.^.'

'He'll be waiting... HE'LL BE THERE?! Isn't this a chance where I can learn more about him? But what if it's just a trap... never mind, I've already risked part of my life in this.'

Towards that destination, I went unguarded and it's all just me.

'I guess it's time to learn the truth.'